More "Out Of Synch" questions / issues.

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

BobHelms

More "Out Of Synch" questions / issues.

Post by BobHelms »

Lenovo T520 laptop W7-64 Pro, 1920 x 1080 display, V2.5 b46. I have my sample rate at 44,100 using 24 bit. When I process a LP with 6 tracks per side I'm seeing visual and audio get out of synch as the track count gets past 3. In other words track 6 is very noticeable while track 1 is OK. Is there some other adjustment I can make so all 6 tracks will exhibit the same synch accuracy?
Bob Helms
Acoustica Greg

Re: More "Out Of Synch" questions / issues.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The automatic track detection is based on silence. If there isn't a clear silent spot between tracks, a track marker won't be set. Make sure that the recording volume is not too high or too low and that whatever you're recording is as clean and noise-free as possible.

With some recordings, you're just going to have to manually adjust the track markers. The two extreme examples are an album that doesn't have any silence between tracks or a recording that has lots of silent parts in the middle of songs. There are all sorts of recordings that are in between those two extremes.

Greg
BobHelms

Post by BobHelms »

All the tracks, with markers, are there. It's the sound imprint on the preview display that's out of synch. You can see the cursor, black line or whatever you call it in a spot that has no visual indication of sound but you can hear sound. As you get down to tracks 5 or 6 on a LP the sound actually stops before the cursor gets to the end of the sound marker. What you see and what you hear during preview doesn't happen at the same time. You have to adjust the track marker to what you hear, not what is displayed on the preview display. It's out of synch. Is there any way to adjust this? Thanks.
Bob Helms
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does it happen if you set your sample rate to 48000 Hz?

Greg
electra225

Post by electra225 »

You don't mention how much memory your laptop has. Accoustica recommends 2GB if I remember correctly. Real important to have lots of memory when processing music. My desktop has 12GB. Also, when you don't have a strong signal, or during a really quiet passage in the music, there can be the cursor moving and no signal displayed. Like the trailing end of a song or a quiet intro. If you are using a USB turntable, this can be another cause of low signal. And the Wizard that sets signal strength occasionally will need to be tweaked to keep the signal up. It tends to err on the side of caution, as too strong a signal causes distortion.........GREG