USB Turntable

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

honeymonster

USB Turntable

Post by honeymonster »

I am trying to rip my vinyls to PC hard drive so that I can incorporate them into my iTunes library. I have the Project Debut USB deck - how should I best connect the turntable to get optimum sound quality?
Acoustica Greg

Re: USB Turntable

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Just hook it up to a USB port on your computer. Don't use a USB hub and disconnect any unneeded USB devices while you record.

Greg
electra225

Re: USB Turntable

Post by electra225 »

Find the nearest trash can and deposit that USB turntable. Go find a real turntable, like a Technics or Dual. Install a Stanton 500 series or a Shure 97 series cartridge and then hook it to a stereo amp or receiver and you are good to go. USB turntables have cheap cartridges and make your music sound horrible. Also there can be issues with the pre-amp in USB TT's. You may not always get enough signal to process vinyl to digital properly. Been there, done that..................GREG

P.S. The reason that Accoustica Greg recommended not running any other USB devices when using your USB turntable is due to the low signal condition I mentioned above. There is not always enough pre-amplification in USB turntables to process properly. This was a major problem I experienced until I hooked my computer up to my component stereo system. Most people don't have the proper reproduction equipment for vinyl and there is no good short cut..................