Can't keep tracks separate

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

brob

Can't keep tracks separate

Post by brob »

I'm trying to do some multi-track recording with Acoustica, but when I record the second track, the first track gets included on it. On another forum for another product, someone with the same problem was told he probably had selected "Record what you hear..." somewhere in the program. I haven't been able to find that option in Acoustica. If that's the problem, can anyone tell me where to find the option? Or maybe that isn't the problem at all.

Thanks for any help.

(Edit) My set up:

Win XP Home, Media Centre (Hewlett Packard)

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio (the driver seems to be up to date; same version number as the latest available at Realtek)

Mixer: Behringer UB802

In Acoustica, when I click Record, then click Adjust levels, only the Record level is adjustable. Line, microphone and stereo mix are greyed out so they can't be adjusted.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Record > Adjust Recording Levels, which source do you have selected? If Stereo Mix is the one that is selected, that would be your problem.

Greg
brob

Post by brob »

When I click Record, then Adjust Recording Level, four sliders come up: Recording, Line Volume, Microphone, Stereo Mix. Only Recording is available for adjustment. The others are greyed out.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Normally, you'd be able to select one of those other recording sources. In Mp3 Audio Mixer, click on the File menu and select Preferences. On the Recording tab, click on the Recording Device setting and choose the driver for your sound card. Do not choose "Default Sound Device" or any other option aside from your specific sound card's driver.

If that doesn't fix the problem, see if there are any updated drivers for your soundcard available.

Greg
brob

Post by brob »

There are three Recording Device options:

- Default Wave Device
- (1)Line in/Mic in
- (2)Realtek HD Digital input

The Line in/Mic in option was selected. When I switch to Realtek HD Digital Input, it fails the full duplex test (can't play and record simultaneously). Does that mean it won't allow me to record on Track Two while Track One is playing? When Line in/Mic in is selected, it passes the full duplex test.

Also, when I select Realtek HD Digital input, the Adjust Volume Levels button won't work (the slider panel doesn't open). It only seems to be accessible when Line in/Mic in is selected.

And When the slider panel does open (when Line in/Mic in is selected), there is no Select box for the sliders, only Mute (and nothing is muted).

I downloaded and installed the latest driver from Realtek but that didn't change anything.

Thanks for your help so far.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I did some searching on the Internet, and you're not the only one having this problem with the Realtek HD integrated soundcard. I didn't see any solutions.

You might consider getting a different sound card, like a Soundblaster or something. Some integrated sound cards are very limited in their capabilities.

You could mute the playback, but of course you wouldn't be able to hear the first track as you recorded.

Greg
brob

Post by brob »

I was afraid of that. This glorious Windows Media Center has been nothing but bloated crap for me.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The other thing to try would be to uninstall the drivers and then install them again.

Greg
brob

Post by brob »

I bought a Behringer "audio bridge" that connects to the computer through a USB port and bypasses the sound card. Everything works just fine now.