file name: fileutil.dll

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

tawny

Post by tawny »

I have XP Pro with System Mechanic 7 as my anti-virus and firewall. There have been several occassions over the course of the last two weeks when I try to start up Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer (version 2.471), I get an error message stating that, "This application has failed to start because fileutil.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem". I have done this but still experience this issue. I have checked my antivirus to see if this file has been moved to a quarantine file but that has not been the case. What is causing this issue?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Is the problem consistent? Or does it only happen part of the time? It could be that some other program you have running in the background is conflicting with MP3 Audio Mixer.

Greg
tawny

Post by tawny »

It occurs almost daily
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

In my personal experience with different security tools like system mechanic, it's best to completely shut it off when installing any application. System mechanic is not one of the top rated antivirus or firewall apps out there, so it is very possible that is it mistaking good files for bad ones.

Check in the following folder to see if the file is there or not:
C:\Program Files\Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer\

If not, let us know and we'll send that particular file to you to put in the folder.
tawny

Post by tawny »

Thanks for your advice. I will give that a shot. There is no need to send me the file because I saved the application on a "stick" and have that file included.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Ok, you can grab it off the usb stick and put it in that folder then.
tawny

Post by tawny »

Well, as I suspected, it did it again. I turned off System Mecahnic (Kapersky) antivirus and firewall and re-installed the program. About 3 hours later, I click on the icon to activate the program and I got the same message, that this particular file is missing and that re-installing the program may fix the problem. I am at a loss.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

There is something on your computer that keeps removing, or does not allow the writing of that file.

I do not know how open to switching AV apps you are, but on all my computers (10+) I use Avast Home Edition. It won best AV of 2005 and 2006, working on 2007 :-)
I have never had a problem with anything like what you are describing.

I would also recommend a good malware scan on that pc. I normally point people to www.spywareterminator.com download, update definitions, full scan, clean, uninstall.

All this is up to you though.
tawny

Post by tawny »

Thanks. I will look into that.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

i have avast too & sometimes i forget to turn it off ( not on the net of course) before opening mix3 or beatcraft & they open just fine. avast seems to not interfere w/ acoustica programs for me. not sure if this helps but just a heads up.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

the only programs I have ever seen it have a problem with are keyloggers and such. But that's because they are essentially spyware apps.
Avast will not affect any Acoustica program.