cannot import sounds or playlists

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

ahern

cannot import sounds or playlists

Post by ahern »

I have just purchsed the MP3 player although I am having difficulty in getting started. I have an extensive CD collection all stored on a portable hard disk drive that is connected to my PC. I have tried to import a sound and playlist through the routing as per the tutorial and all proceeeds well from My Computer, the external hard drive, My Music, I-tunes, artist, to the album although when I try to open the album file, no tracks are displayed and it is impossible to import anything.
If it makes any difference, I use I-tunes as my main music player and my music is stored under My Music, I-tunes.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using MP3 Audio Mixer version 2.471?

Greg
ahern

Post by ahern »

yes, I downloaded it twice just to be sure. I also ensured that i downloaded the windows supprt media, but again no luck.
It appears that the main problem is that all my music is stored as Mpeg 4 files which appears not to be recognised by this product, do I have this correct?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, if the songs come from iTunes and they are copy-protected you cannot use them with our software, but if they are in m4a format and not protected, you can convert them to MP3 using iTunes. Here's how.

Greg
ahern

Post by ahern »

Thanks, I did as you said and copied a new CD saving it as an MP3 file, thereafter I was able to see the files of this new CD as MP3's and thus able to import into my Audio Mixer.

This works well for all new stuff that I will copy in the future, however, for the thousands of previously copied CD's, all have been saved as and MPEG 4 file in i-tunes. Is there anyway, without having to re-copy my entire catalogue as MP3, that I can now access all my old CD's?

You mention that you can right click on the congs after I have changed this setting tp convert to MP3, I dont follow this. When I now right click on any of my songs, as in the past, I do not see an option where I able to convert.

Thanks again, so far!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

After changing those settings, if you right-click on a song in iTunes, you should have an option to "Convert selection to MP3." In my copy of iTunes, it's the seventh option down on the right-click menu.

Greg
ahern

Post by ahern »

Thanks Greg, although for some odd reason I am not seeing this option.
Apprecaite that you are no Itunes expert although if you could offer some advice to help it would be a help.
Failing this, I will have to look at some further conversion software or more than likely have to re-copy my CD catalogue in order to convert.

Thanks again,
Shaun