Cant load sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

junior759

Cant load sounds

Post by junior759 »

well i recently got Acoustica Mp3 Audio mixerv2.471 and when i try loading mp3's or other sounds. (usually long ones like, songs and stuff like that) the computer shows a message that says the prpgram has stopped working, then it crashes and closes. also, i recorded a song that was about 4 minutes long and it successfully saved it, but when it was loading it to the track it said the same thing, and then it crashed and closed. How can i fix this? :?:
Mike
junior759

Post by junior759 »

ok well i read all the other posts about this (noticing there were more than 2) and well i followed the instruction about the preferences thing.. i changed the folder to go on my desktop.. does that like do any sort of damage or anything? (im good with computers but idk about things like this lol) and whats a good place to put that folder in..?
Mike
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

For a Windows XP user, by default, it would be something like the following, but replace "user_name" with your Windows login name:

C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Temp\Acoustica_Temp

You could also just set it to:
C:\Windows\Temp

Assuming that folder exists. Or just make a temp folder on your C: drive and it could be:

C:\Temp

Greg
dslittle

Post by dslittle »

I'm getting the same thing running Vista. I'll keep you posted if this does any good. Or, if it doesn't. I'll try the C:temp because I am running this across several user accounts on my computer for different applications.
dslittle

Post by dslittle »

Update: That turned the trick, works fine now. I created a seperate folder for just Acoustica files-- to be safe, I named the new folder C:\Acoustica Temp so if I want to clear the temp folder only Acoustica content is in it. The existing C:\temp folder has other applications logging files, I don't want to get them mixed up.