Self Searching by MP3 Audio Mixer

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

diljano

Self Searching by MP3 Audio Mixer

Post by diljano » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:20 pm

hi all

im from switzerland and dont speak perfekt english... so i hope you understand me what i mean... hehe

ok my problem is:

in a older version of MP3 Audio Mixer when i open a sgp-file that i saved long time before, but changed the place of my loop-file, the program beginns to search it or i can press "skip"...

in the newer version i have always a blank table without any loops because it dont search...

is that a wrong preferenc of my side or a bug???

thx 4 your help
ciao

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:25 am

Hi,

Yes, MP3 Audio Mixer 2.471 has a problem where it won't look for "missing" files. So, the best strategy is to not move your sounds around. One way to keep track of things is to put all the sounds for a project into the same folder.

Greg

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:55 am

You can also open the project, delete the sound that is not there, then add it from it's new location and save the project.

diljano

Post by diljano » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:56 pm

hi again
and thanks for the answers

Acoustica Greg: ...wont look for "missing" files
can you prepare this bug in a next version?

Acoustica Eric: ..then add it from it's new location and save the project.

;-) yes i can but all the shit is then deleted + i have to begin again from first step.... this is my problem i wont do this...

thx
ciao ciao

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Yes, I just tried it, if i move the sound i was using, the app does not ask for it, it just opens the project without it. So I guess if you added it from it's new location, you would have to put all the splits/fx/etc back in.
Do you remember the location the file was in before you moved it? like d:\sounds\
if so, can you create a directory under the same drive and place the sounds there so the app see's them as it did before you moved everything?