Please help, playlist loads soooo sloooow

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

emanresu

Please help, playlist loads soooo sloooow

Post by emanresu »

I'm using the latest version, have Win Xp SP2. I've been using this program to make all my music programs over the years, but recently I've made 2 which are so slow in loading. All of the songs are in one folder on one partition on my hard drive, which is where I keep the songs for my other programs too.

I haven't moved any songs/folders, I've made the programs exactly the same way I've done the others in the past but this time they take about 15minutes to load up. They are no bigger than any other programs I've made, about 150 songs each at about 1GB each in size, around 8/9 hours of music.

I've checked all the settings with the sound card driver, tried changing the temporary directory but nothing helps.
Anyone please have any idea? 15 minutes isn't the end of the world, but at the same time if I'm playing another program, that one stutters while the new one loads and it's really bugging me.

Thanks for any in advance

Ben
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're loading 150 1 GB songs into MP3 Audio Mixer, I'm not surprised that it's slow. I don't know what to suggest, other than getting a faster hard drive.

Greg
emanresu

Post by emanresu »

Sorry, misunderstanding, but the 150 songs in total added up to 1GB. Plus I said that I'd made many programs exactly the same size but with no problems.
But anyway, the problem wasn't the application, or the music, or the length or size of the music program, it was some major nasty virus which had somehow only affected the newer of the music programs that were loaded onto the computer, not the older ones.
They had affected the Userinit and system.exe files which basically meant bye bye to the whole computer. Luckily managed to salvage the music programs first, and now fixed, everything works really fast and like normal.

Thanks for replying anyway

Ben