Error loading sound

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

firstfree

Error loading sound

Post by firstfree »

One of my users cannot get a sound to load, at about 90% the program closes with a fatal error.

Help?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into preferences and change the temporary files folder.

Greg
dslittle

Post by dslittle »

I am getting the same error. It just stops working when the sound is finishing loading. If it is the temp folder, uh, what temp folder? What and where do I change it to?
firstfree

Post by firstfree »

That worked, thanks!!
dslittle

Post by dslittle »

Checked out a similar post (there are a lot of them!) and came up with the following solution: I created a seperate temp folder for just Acoustica files-- to be safe, I named the new folder C:\Acoustica Temp so if I want to clear the temp folder only Acoustica content is in it. The existing C:\temp folder has other applications logging files, I don't want to get them mixed up. As I have this running across several different user accounts for different applications, I put it in the root c:/ directory instead in the user account temp file the program creates.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

MP3 Audio Mixer is really old and we've stopped working on it. This problem is fixed in Mixcraft. For some reason, in MP3 Audio Mixer, it's possible to have an invalid temp folder and that's what causes the "load 90% and crash" problem. Just changing it to any valid folder fixes it.