Wont finish loading without error forcing to shut down prog.

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

Gives Error after loading

Wont finish loading without error forcing to shut down prog.

Post by Gives Error after loading » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Hey, each time i try to load any file, it gets the end of the progress bar, then gives me an error and when i click "dont send" meaning dont send the error report to Microsoft, it shuts down the program.

Any causes for this?

Thanks.

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:52 am

Hi,

In MP3 Audio Mixer, click on the File menu and select Preferences. On the Miscellaneous tab, make sure that you have write access and plenty of hard drive space for the temporary directory that is listed. Click the Delete Temporary Files button. Now see if it works. If it doesn't work, try selecting a different Temporary Files Directory.

Greg

Dann

Post by Dann » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:38 am

I have this same problem. It only effects certain SGP files, and others work perfectly. Could this have something to do with the length of the file? I have followed all of Accoustica Greg's instructions, and those on the support page, for example, clearing the temporary directory and restarting the programme, etc. I have also tried setting the temporary folder as a different hard drive to the one that the programme is installed on, but this made no difference either. Even when I click on the particular file in the 'open' box with the Preview Sound option checked, the programme instantly closes, without even bringing up the Windows Error dialogue box! I'm worried that this is going to happen again once I've been working on a sound for a while! Any ideas?

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:37 pm

Can you download the trial of Mixcraft and try the same project in it? I would be curious if it did not have trouble.
It will not open the SGP file, you will have to rebuild the project.
Download here http://www.acoustica.com/downloading.asp?p=16