Mac?

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Would you like to see a Mac version of MP3 Audio Mixer?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5

Zencapop

Mac?

Post by Zencapop »

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys have any plans on releasing a Mac version of the MP3 Audio Mixer. I have been a very satisfied user of your software on the PC and it has allowed me to make several great mix CDs. However, I recently shifted to Mac and there is not one decent mp3 mixing software here.

Can you please, please, please, please make a Mac version of MP3 Audio Mixer?! Please!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We've stopped developing MP3 Audio Mixer. It's been replaced by Mixcraft. So, that's your best bet for a future Mac version someday.

Greg
Zencapop

Post by Zencapop »

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your answer.

So, are there any plans to make a Mac version of Mixcraft?

Please, please, please, please make a Mac version of Mixcraft. Please!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sorry, as of right now there are no plans for any mac versions of any of our products.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft 4 runs very well in a Windows emulator program (like Parallels) on a Mac.
ian

Post by ian »

I'm not interested in being slowed down by pop ups and security alerts and crashes, so until Acoustica realises the value in developing for Mac, I am using Garageband and Wiretap Studio which together achieve the same result (and Garageband comes with Mac), in fact some say that Garageband can do it all on it's own. While they are cleaner and sleeker than Windows programs generally, I want something that will do the job in one application.

Wiretap Studio: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/
Garageband: http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/

I have to say Mixcraft looks a lot like Garageband, almost identical in fact, but I get iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD as a package for not much more than the cost of Mixcraft alone.
I am a Mac user waiting for Acoustica to realise there are a great many creative professionals using audio software on the Mac, not to mention many more amateurs like me.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes Macs are fine, but so are Windows machines, Garageband limits you unless you purchase it, limited number of tracks, limited number of effects per track, etc.
There are tens of thousands of free programs for photo editing, video editing and everything else that you seem to think Macs have over pc's.
And if you want to do any real video editing on a mac, "Final Cut Pro" is extremely high cost.

If you know what NOT to get into, your pc will run fine. As Macs get more popular, they then become "lucrative" to malware authors, the Macs time in the virus/malware/spyware pot will come.
Zencapop

Post by Zencapop »

So, if there is no Mac version of Acoustica's MP3 Mixer and there is no plan by Acoustica to make any Mac version, then does someone know of another similar software (one which is simple and easy to use) to mix MP3s on Mac?

I just want a simple program that can change the tempo/rate and volume on the MP3 and I should be able to mix several tracks together like a trance/house set.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Garageband?