Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JohnS

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by JohnS »

hi

Support Sys Ex for Keyboard workstations

ATB
John :)
joanmale

Post by joanmale »

Editing MIDI, I remember when i was working cubase in old computers like atari, option "delete doubles" for midi, will be useful.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

joanmale wrote:Editing MIDI, I remember when i was working cubase in old computers like atari, option "delete doubles" for midi, will be useful.
Hi,

Click on the MIDI editing menu in the piano roll and select Soloize.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Lori_Ilona

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions! - Chord progressions

Post by Lori_Ilona »

Something for the piano roll: play a little melody, or pencil in a few notes. - button to select a key (major/ minor....and then: C, G E flat...whatever), now: - push of button - chord progression suggested - with options to alter that chord progression. SO, bottom line: the chord PROGRESSIONS are the interesting thing, not only the chords...This would be a fantastic new feature!
kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy »

carllackey wrote:i agree with the browser suggestion. i would love to see a browser where we could drag our loops, vst's, and mixcraft's own loop library like in studio one, or reaper, or reason 9. it is much easier than hitting the open sound button. it would increase workflow, i my opinion.
I mentioned that one before. To me this is a strike against Mixcraft.

Also make it much easier to use Kontakt, Play, VSL. Multi VST outs are not easy to set up.
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Hi,
I know I mentioned it before for Mixcraft 7 but here it is again.

How about: Velocity Line drawing for for piano roll or Track automation, or pre designed curves to add to the mouse gestures, like exponential fades, in and out. That would help in controlling certain sections of the song when one needs to lower or raise volumes in a certain pattern, adjust panning or effects. As it is, all that we can do is raise or lower by drawing a straight line in automation,...But there is none for velocity, except the fact that one has to slide the mouse manually, which is not always a success.

Or adjust the pitch bending to more than -2 or +2 in the Mixcraft instruments settings, or even modulation and portamento speeds, ADSR control, or at least create a VST effect that we could add to any VST instrument. I mean, the ability to customize the sound of the instrument to what we need. Wouldn't it be fun to, for example: Raise the envelope attack, decay, sustain or release setting on a piano or Strings Section, or whatever instrument to create a whole new sound, or simply to add that certain feel to a part of the song ? I often use this on some VSTi's like ENV Decay or sustain on the Bass part to stretch out a note that fades too soon. Of course, there are VST's Synth for Bass but often they sound too Synthie, not real or plucky enough like a real Bass, like your Finger Bass. I mentioned Bass but it could be any Mixcraft sound in fact, like Brass Section, lower the ENV Sustain to simulate a Brass hit, and keeping the tail sound open, but with less volume or velocity.

I think this would be a great feature for Mixcraft 8.
Thanks for reading!
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Would it be possible for Mixcraft to be used as a rewire client in the future? There's a ton of features I'd love to use even when arranging in another DAW.
mick

Post by mick »

There are 2 types of rewire devices, one is the master and the other is the slave. I think Mixcraft acts a slave.
You need to open and close each device in turn (Mixcraft and Notion in my case) to make sure both are using the same audio settings. With each device closed re-open Mixcraft and select "rewire devices" from the little piano drop-down instrument list. Mixcraft automatically opens Notion where I can insert a file.
This is as far as I got with it because when I hit the play button nothing happens so I'm stuck at this point.
Further venturing on a voyage of discovery crashes or freezes Mixcraft.
rewire.PNG
rewire.PNG (190.25 KiB) Viewed 10534 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mick wrote:There are 2 types of rewire devices, one is the master and the other is the slave. I think Mixcraft acts a slave.
Mixcraft can only act as a ReWire host or master, so the feature request is for Mixcraft to act as a client, or slave.

In other words, you can have Mixcraft control the playback and accept the output of another ReWire application, but you can't do the reverse currently. Waves Tune, for example, needs the host DAW to act as a client or slave.
mick

Post by mick »

Greg, Mixcraft rewire with Notion doesn't work!
Doesn't really matter I can use stems and export them. :D
NewbeeNo99

Post by NewbeeNo99 »

I usually use "track volume" (under automation button) when I wish to change volume. I think (?) this is the only way to change volume on forexample guitar clips since when adjusting volume on the clip itself actually also changes the gain.

So to my wish:

Sometimes I need to move "all clips" in a track some seconds or beats left or right. Then starts the tedious work. I need to delete all those volume edit points I've created and make new ones since the position of the clips has changed.

Is it possible to implement a "drag and select" function to mark more than one volume edit point AND/OR, transfer the points together with the clips or at a desired position?
Humble musician from Norway, mellowed since 1979
Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/moysalen-music/tracks
Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moysalen ... 799?ref=hl
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ivsr ... 2XepJqxpbw
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

For that, use Mixcraft's "Insert Time" feature:"

This moves over the automation and everything.

Conversely, there's also a "Remove Selected Time" option.

Greg
NewbeeNo99

Post by NewbeeNo99 »

Million thanks for this, Greg :)
Humble musician from Norway, mellowed since 1979
Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/moysalen-music/tracks
Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moysalen ... 799?ref=hl
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ivsr ... 2XepJqxpbw
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

I'm new to Mixcraft and love it!

One thing I keep thinking about for composing : if I could insert a TEXT track, notes, etc. I'd like to be able to write down the chords over the song at the proper locations. So when I overdub I could follow better. Make sense?

It could even be a plugin?

Cheers!

Andre
Last edited by creativeforge on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mick

Post by mick »