omnisphere 2 or izotope creative bundle

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Gedcoz

omnisphere 2 or izotope creative bundle

Post by Gedcoz »

Was just curious to what you guys would purchase. They both look awesome and I've done a extensive amount of research on both. Very hard decision. Thanks for the feedback..Gedcoz
Ajgi

Re: omnisphere 2 or izotope creative bundle

Post by Ajgi »

I would probably pick Omnisphere. It's just so versatile, I feel like the iZotope plugins would only really make crazy sounds, while Omnisphere can do any sound.
Ajgi.net
SoundCloud
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 Studio Monitors, Sennheiser HD280pro, Shure SM57,
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

+1 for Omnisphere. HUUUUGE number of sounds and unbelievable tweaking ability. You could probably get by with just this as your instrument source. As Ajgi said, it's way more versatile.

That said, if for some reason you decide on the Izotope bundle, BHPhoto has it on sale, download only, for $350 through Jan 7 (At least, in the U.S. Don't know if the deal is valid elsewhere).
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I guess the question should be: do you want a high end virtual synth, or a set of high end processing tools for producing, mixing and mastering.
Neither is anywhere on my radar so its hard to state a preference beyond pointing out any comparison seems a bit odd.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Gedcoz

Post by Gedcoz »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm going to purchase Omnisphere 2. I downloaded the demo version of Izotope creative bundle but I think Omnisphere 2 would be more beneficial to the type of music I'm creating. Just wish they had a demo version available so I could check it out :(
chibear

Post by chibear »

A hint for a new Omnisphere user. As part of your get-to-know-my-new-toy period, take the time to review and rate ALL the presets. It comes with a huge library of sounds and doing this at the beginning will drastically reduce search times later. It took me about a week :?
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

LURSSEN
Facto

Post by Facto »

Mark Bliss is right.... apples and oranges. Omisphere 2 is just awesome,,,period. I've used Omnisphere for years. Buy Omnisphere and spend an extra $100 on Ozone 7 Elements. You'll get a world class virtual synth with endless sound design capability along with a simple mastering plugin with easy macro controls.
Win 10 64 bit; MX9 Pro; Intel i7-9700 CPU ; 32 GB RAM ... 2TB SSD
clintmusic

Post by clintmusic »

Totally agree, and there are tons of 3rd party soundbanks that vastly enlarge Omnisphere's already enormous possibilities. I love all of the stuff at Pluginguru.com