Mixcraft 8: Melodyne did not come with a license

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Flyingfullback

Mixcraft 8: Melodyne did not come with a license

Post by Flyingfullback »

Hi Acoustica community,

I've been using Mixcraft for a few years now and I downloaded Mixcraft 8 today. So far I'm very happy with it. However,
when I run Melodyne in the editor window and attempt to activate the license I get sent to Celemony's website. Where do I find the serial number that comes with the version of Melodyne Essential included in Mixcraft?

Thanks again guys for making the best DAW even better.
Flyingfullback

Re: Mixcraft 8: Melodyne did not come with a license

Post by Flyingfullback »

To be clear, I downloaded Mixcraft Pro Studio 8. Not the regular Mixcraft 8.
chibear

Post by chibear »

There are instructions at the bottom of your receipt for registering melodyne. Also if you go to your acoustica account the instructions are there once you register mixcraft. (Just finished it myself)
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Flyingfullback

Post by Flyingfullback »

Thank you Chibear! I can't believe I missed that.
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Thanks! That was hard to figure out!

I just opened the program, and from the looks of it, it transcribes all the notes played?? That's amazing!! (That's what it does, right?) I looked at the purchase price for the full version, but wow, that's expensive.

If anyone has any further information on the program (in layman's terms) I'd greatly appreciate some advice.
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Is anyone else having to active Melodyne EVERY SINGLE TIME they open it??? lol
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Weird, there are no instructions for registering Melodyne on my invoice.
chibear

Post by chibear »

@ Grizz: Happened 2x yesterday. Today it knows me :D

@ freightgod: log into your Acoustica account and there is a link to a list of licensed products. Find Melodyne and there is a "view product instructions" link

@ fly if the instructions aren't at the bottom of your invoice, follow freightgod's instructions above.

I think they are probably producing a group of melodyne-centerd videos. For instance: If I load Melodyne as a vst rather than accessing it in the sound tab I can't get it to do anything, so what is the vst and vst3 supposed to do??
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

thanks, Chi, sounds like a plan. Waiting for Acoustica to send me a password reset email so I can get in to my account. Rock stars sleep late, lol

edit: apparently I had never created an account with Acoustica...which is weird but anyway, the acoustica instructions are:

Activating Melodyne Inside Of Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio

Run Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio
Add an audio file to a track.
Select the audio clip.
Click the Sound tab at the bottom of Mixcraft
Click "Melodyne" on the toolbar
Click the "Activate" button in Melodyne's interface. You may need to increase the size of the sound tab to see it.
Follow the instructions to create a Celemony account, or login.
If prompted use code
Finish the instructions on Celemony's site to finish the activation.

Guessing I haven't been assigned a code yet by Acoustica?

Anyway my links on the melodyne page are

-Enter a serial number
-buy a license
-activate a trial version

No link to create a Celemony account or to login, so I'm not sure what to do.
edit: oh wait, i am an idiot, I have to click on Enter a serial number first...sorry, more coffee needed :cry:
Last edited by freightgod on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Chibear, yeah, I finally figured it out! Thanks anyway.

Now, if only it could export midi. Maybe the $800 version can, but nah, I'm not paying that... If anyone knows any work arounds, please let me know! 

This application alone is worth the upgrade cost.
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

GrizzKarizz wrote:Is anyone else having to active Melodyne EVERY SINGLE TIME they open it??? lol
Yup...just activated it this morning and I get this every time I close and re-open MP8. Any clue as to how to make it permanent?

Also, I can't seem to do much with the Melodyne. I can't get it out of clip mode, and all the note blobs are greyed out, so I can't do anything with them. All I want to do is apply a simple pitch correction and I can't seem to make that work. Is it connected to the activation issue?
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
A/V Production Engineer/Parody Artist
My YouTube Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

tjdover wrote:Yup...just activated it this morning and I get this every time I close and re-open MP8. Any clue as to how to make it permanent?

Also, I can't seem to do much with the Melodyne. I can't get it out of clip mode, and all the note blobs are greyed out, so I can't do anything with them. All I want to do is apply a simple pitch correction and I can't seem to make that work. Is it connected to the activation issue?
Hi,

Try starting Mixcraft by right-clicking on its icon and selecting "Run As Administrator," then activate Melodyne.

Be sure to watch the Melodyne tutorial videos on how to use it. There's a bit of a learning curve.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jd1

Re Mixcraft 8 pro upgrade

Post by jd1 »

Just upgraded to Mixcraft 8 Pro , I noticed that there was a problem when installing it telling me that `Melodyne`was not installed ,wish I`d taken a screen shot at the time of what it said but it didn't really give me enough time and just went on installing ver 8, The thing is that a few mins later I received an email with my Melodyne code number ,I followed instructions on how to set it up but its not even showing up .
I guess that it didn`t install after all, Without having to re-install version 8 again is there anyway sort the problem out ?

Windows 10
8 Gbs ram
Mixcraft Pro 8 32 bit
Regards Joh D.
tjdover

Post by tjdover »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
tjdover wrote:Yup...just activated it this morning and I get this every time I close and re-open MP8. Any clue as to how to make it permanent?

Hi,

Try starting Mixcraft by right-clicking on its icon and selecting "Run As Administrator," then activate Melodyne.

Be sure to watch the Melodyne tutorial videos on how to use it. There's a bit of a learning curve.

Greg
Thank you very much Greg, that fixed it! :)
TJ Dover (aka TymmyD)
A/V Production Engineer/Parody Artist
My YouTube Page
Anorax

Re: Re Mixcraft 8 pro upgrade

Post by Anorax »

jd1 wrote:Just upgraded to Mixcraft 8 Pro , I noticed that there was a problem when installing it telling me that `Melodyne`was not installed ,wish I`d taken a screen shot at the time of what it said but it didn't really give me enough time and just went on installing ver 8, The thing is that a few mins later I received an email with my Melodyne code number ,I followed instructions on how to set it up but its not even showing up .
I guess that it didn`t install after all, Without having to re-install version 8 again is there anyway sort the problem out ?

Windows 10
8 Gbs ram
Mixcraft Pro 8 32 bit
Regards Joh D.
Did your installer give you an option to install Melodyne during installation? Don't worry about reinstalling Mixcraft without uninstalling first - it will leave all your current settings in place.