MX 8 - is it safe?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

MX 8 - is it safe?

Post by BillW »

Due more to time constraints than anything else - I've been delaying moving up to MX 8. I saw several thread after it came out with bugs or questions that made me decide to wait for a patch - which I see has happened.

So - to quote Dustin Hoffman's movie "Marathon Man" - is it safe?

Sure seems like it. Thanks.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Mark Bliss

Re: MX 8 - is it safe?

Post by Mark Bliss »

I haven't used v7 in about 4 months, so I guess that answers that for me........

Download the trial and test it yourself Bill.
C'mon in, the waters fine.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I recall a lot of issues in 7 were a result of glitchy plug-ins so it would be unrealistic to not expect similar behavior in 8. -h
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Sure, and there will likely be more "patches" and updates. That's a good thing. Testing continues.

But I have experienced no problems that would make me revert back to 7 at this point.
The last handful of builds have had tweaks or fixes that I think very few users would ever even notice or experience to be honest.

And like I suggested, you can always download the trial version and see how it works for you before committing to the upgrade.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
elaw

Post by elaw »

I'm with the others... while I'm by no means a "power user", I've had nearly zero problems with MC8 except for with one plugin that didn't work at all with 7. All in all I'm very happy with it - I have to say that compared to a lot of other software, the Mixcraft folks really seem to do well at putting out a high-quality product.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

..and this isn't just because I work here :-)

I have been power using 8 since the first beta's. I have not touched 7 since then.
I cannot imagine working without version 8 at this point.
I use Mixcraft on average, about 8 hours every day. Weekends can see it running for 12 to 15 hours at a time.
It runs fine, no need to hesitate.
Torton5

Post by Torton5 »

You need to have regular breaks, I have found that 8 is more addictive than 7 mainly because of the upgraded interface I think. I have pounded it quite a lot since I upgraded, the sun comes up then it goes down again, one last edit!

I spend my time thinking about the creations inside of Mixcraft, not about Mixcraft itself. I'm using an earlier build of 8 I think but have no problems.

Sometimes I even work on those creations for a short period without realizing I am not wearing my glasses, something that is absolutely impossible in any other DAW for me.