Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by creativeforge »

As a plugin, I know no other way it works within Mixcraft.

When I add a new track, Insert Virtual instrument track, I need to left-click on the little keyboard icon to browse my VST folders. That's one (1) dialog box. When I select Kontakt (left-click), a small entry is added to that dialog box, showing Kontakt is selected, and showing EDIT, which I need to click to open the Kontakt interface. That interface is then window number two (2). When I find a sound I like, I then have to X off both of these windows.

Next time I access Kontakt for this track, I have to X the Kontakt interface out. If I could create a shortcut to clear all windows, that would be great. Even the ESC button would help, but it's not doing anything.
64a6bf36472eaa3ef0e07f0b5e1e1a38.png
64a6bf36472eaa3ef0e07f0b5e1e1a38.png (490.83 KiB) Viewed 17164 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Oh, I see, it doesn't close the VSTi selection box. Well, you have to manual close that once (or select Close All Windows from the View menu), and then it's just right-click and ctrl-right-click to open and close the interface.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

OK, but would it be possible to allow some of these functions to be shortcuts? Close all windows, for instance?

Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

creativeforge wrote:OK, but would it be possible to allow some of these functions to be shortcuts? Close all windows, for instance?

Thanks!
A hotkey for Close All Windows would be dandy, I think. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
muster

Post by muster »

Hello,

i have a small wish for mixcraft.
When i address the "vst plugin folder" to a folder with shortcuts in it, mixcraft doesnt recognize it.
I have a folder for often used plugins, inside i have my links to the location - but mc does not follow/load them.
It would be very cool if someone could take a look on it.
BR
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

I apologize if this has been requested before but how about adding an "include media" option when saving a template?
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi Greg,

it would be great if the 'Automatic Marker Wizard' included an option for adding a marker every (for example) 7 bars (or every 18 bars, or whatever). The only options seem to be for the creation of CDs and not track navigation purposes. Thanks.

Ian
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Another suggestion is for an event list editor, with the ability to filter out data types, so that it would be possible to see a list of pitch bend data (by filtering out notes and other data), or patch changes (by filtering out other data types).
Ultimately a more configurable interface would be good : An example of which could be having a configurable control knob, i.e. choose the knob's function, by right clicking on the knob - it could be to select patch changes within a vsti, so it would need to insert to chosen control message at the point at which the knob is moved (whether during recording or playback). That would make VSTis work more like hardware.
It's an idea I think should feature in the future anyway.
More ultimate user control. Yay. :)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Was cruising youtube and seen this feature in another DAW and thought it was nice.

it's called Explode Pitches to Tracks.

Basically if you have a midi track with multiple pitches or instruments in the case of a drum track ( kick, snare, etc.) it will separate them into separate midi tracks. I know you can do this manually but it can be tedious.

Here is a couple of videos showing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBz9194eB1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBz9194eB1Q
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

When a loop is on top of another one, it should change color to indicate it's presence. I found four loops perfectly camouflage on a project :shock:
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

banzailoco wrote:When a loop is on top of another one, it should change color to indicate it's presence. I found four loops perfectly camouflage on a project :shock:
Oooh, I like that one! +1

Gradients of color maybe...nice.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Maketh track colors soeth the track home tab changeth hue rather than turning to grey for non-selected tracks. For example, there may be a prize for guessing what colors I've assigned to tracks 4 & 5 in the following illustration:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 16192 times
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Assign a shortcut to toggle this feature on/off instead of having to go into Preferences:

"Auto-rewind to start position when playback/recording ends."
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Who wrote the law says I can't see both time AND beats at the same time?

Big lol here, there's room for TIME/BEATS toggles at the top of the screen, trade that real estate for the extra data display!!! :roll:

So put one or the other (TIME or BEATS) in place of the tabs at the top as default, and of course the other data displaying where it is. Say Time at top and Beats on the bottom. Do wizardly programming so that clicking directly on either display will swap their locations...