Live performing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

alisonmusic62

Live performing

Post by alisonmusic62 »

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I play on several worship teams. I have a main keyboard a Korg.
My secondary keyboard is a M-Audio keystation controller. In the past I have bean using Reason, but want to switch over to Mixcraft. I currently own Mixcraft 6. My question is this; I work with one singer that often switches keys of songs. On my Korg keyboard I have an option to change the key I'm playing in on the fly. So with using Mixcraft how would I be able to change the key I'm playing in on the fly using the controller keyboard, is that even possible? I like Mixcraft patches over the ones supplied with my Korg keyboard.
Thanks Alison
tsharpton

Re: Live performing

Post by tsharpton »

Not sure you can do that. If it is a midi or audio track you could just change the key but just playing a vst instrument you would need to play it in the new key.
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

Your midi keyboard should have a transpose option on it. Most do now days.
elaw

Post by elaw »

I've got a Keystation 49 II and according to its manual:
Transpose works in the same way as Octave Shift above, except the shift can be up +/- 12 semitones. As
with Octave Shift, there are two ways of transposing the keyboard. You can use the Octave “+” and “-”
buttons, or the black keys “TRANSPOSE -,” “TRANSPOSE 0” and “TRANSPOSE +,” respectively.

To assign the Octave “+” and “-” buttons to transpose:
1. Press the Advanced Functions button to engage Edit Mode.
2. Press the black key representing “TRANSPOSE.” (Edit Mode will disengage as soon as
“TRANSPOSE” has been pressed.)
3. Press the “+” key and you will hear the pitch of the note you play go up.
4. Press both “+” and “-” together to cancel transpose.
The only issue is that since transpose uses the same buttons as octave shift, you can't have both active at the same time.