Mixcraft + eee PC?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

silent1

Mixcraft + eee PC?

Post by silent1 »

I would like to add Mixcraft some eee PCs, but am unsure as they seem slightly under the specs recommended. Has it been tested on these? Will it work acceptably? Will the small screen be an even bigger problem? :?: :?:

It's this cheap eee PC:
ASUS eee PC 4G XP Features:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Pre-Installed
Intel Celeron M 900 Processor clocked at 630MHz
1GB DDR2 667MHz Memory
4GB Solid State Drive
4GB SD Card
7" LCD 800x480

Thanks for the advice...
PDS

Post by PDS »

The only thing that may be a little under powered would be the CPU but if you make a profile in XP specifically for recording called say,"Studio" you can trim out all the junk that XP runs in the background and disable all anti-virus,anti-spyware and internet connection so the CPU doesn't waste itself on unneeded tasks.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

As all windows O/S are a DOS(Disk Operating System) that fact you have a,"Solid State" drive means opeations could actually be way faster than most of us with normal hard drives as most of the time it's the speed the operating system accesses the hard drive that causes most problems.

I'm running an AMD 3800 with only 1 gig of dual interleave RAM and no real problems to speak of.

I also set a high Disk Cache to allow windows to use more ram for recently used files so that once I start a music session a lot of the information needed can be accessed faster over a period of time.

I also set a custom pagefile size so as to stop Windows needlessly using it which eats up CPU time and hard drive access times.

This may not be an issue with a Solid State drive correctly configured.

Note:Windows has a,"Magnifier" option you can use for small screens or people with disabilities :)