Three days to finish wedding song - panic!

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

freightgod

Three days to finish wedding song - panic!

Post by freightgod »

:shock:

My daughter's getting married this coming Saturday. Originally I pooped out a pseudo wedding march (https://soundcloud.com/unknownartist-14/i-am-not-alone) but as usual I should have waited a while to share it, because I've since written lyrics and changed tempo and key...For some reason I always think my first instant version is golden...should let things percolate a while :oops:

Anyway, I'm going to debut the vocal at the reception, singing it live. I think I'm happy with the orchestral arrangement now (will be using that at the wedding).

This is a one-take vocal, I will probably do a few more takes to fix a few things (close mike lip smacks etc, sorry Mark :lol:) but for now, would appreciate any and all comments while I still have a couple days to wrap this up.

Thanks for listening!

https://soundcloud.com/unknownartist-14 ... ot-alone-1
Mark Bliss

Re: Three days to finish wedding song - panic!

Post by Mark Bliss »

Don't apologize to me, apologize to the mic! :lol:

Good luck and congrats. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
midimoose

Post by midimoose »

Sounds pretty darn good to me! I like the orchestration, and to my ears, balance between vocal/instrumentation is right on. Congratulations! Rick
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I'd say it's your best vocal to date. Solid work.
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Thanks, all. My tinnitus has been acting up lately so mixing this was a real pain, I don't trust my hearing anymore. Was afraid of overdoing it on the reverb as well.
freightgod

Re: Three days to finish wedding song - success!

Post by freightgod »

Everybody cried :lol: (also, note to self, "Everybody Cried" is an awesome song title).

I can not imagine a wedding day going any better than today went. It was the first day of spring here, All Tree Buds opened either last night or this morning, all my tulips opened today...74 F and a heavy wind to keep the black flies away (they hatched exactly yesterday.) Everyone on both sides of the family and friends numbering 74 has allergies or breathing problems. Except me. The temp dropped 20 degrees 2 hours after everyone got home or settled from the reception. Exactly tomorrow, after an overnight wash, there is going to be more pollen in there air here than we've had in years. Today was perfect.

And the bride, groom, my new in-laws and their never-been-together-in-the-same-room-before respective new companions were balling by the end of this. Heh heh, bring it on tomorrow, today was a songwriter's dream!
:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :D

Oh. And I was humming this song in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J34esa_aJxc WHILE I WAS DEBUTING THE ABOVE MENTIONED WEDDING SONG. Did I mention that I am now married into a law-enforcement family? Only got one word wrong, too. Nobody noticed. :lol:

Oh, and everyone and their bassist was asking what tools I was using. Lot of shoutouts and recs to a lot of amateur songwriters/musicians. (Most not currently in law enforcement).
th.jpg
th.jpg (10.48 KiB) Viewed 7481 times
FTW, Acoustica, FTW. Thanks for making software easy enough for guys like Willie and me to make tear-jerkin' music with.

Please allow one more shameless self promotion since the link has changed :

https://soundcloud.com/unknownartist-14 ... ot-alone-1

Am working on a honkty tonk version of same. Right after I finish "Everybody Cried"... :shock:

Oh. And she crushed it. My Anna's got a great guy, she's in good hands. Go Army! Also, much love out to everyone here in the band...
whanna005.jpg
whanna005.jpg (12.22 KiB) Viewed 7481 times
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Fantastic news! Glad to hear the event went well!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

How did you present it? Did you lip sync or just use the backing track or what? I will be expecting that cigar with the little pink wrapper later on. :D
outteh

Post by outteh »

Great job Paul! Congratulations! :)
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

I sang it llive to the backing track. No Katy Perry going on here...

I really re-learned a lesson it took me 52 years to start sinking in. Rehearsal, man. This is my scratch vocal take with a microphone I'd use to hate, in a room I was having a nightmare time fighting reflections in, woodpeckers at the birdfeeder and the usual midday highway traffic rumbling by 100feet away. But the two friggin million runs at it with the wrong mike really paid off in the end, i think. This is my first absolutely not comps vocal, one take, only volume envelope edits.
mick

Post by mick »

Good lad, good job, congrats on the tearjerking lyric, hope you don't get arrested anytime soon! :D