Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp breaks when trying to mix-down half of the time

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

edude15000

Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp breaks when trying to mix-down half of the time

Post by edude15000 »

Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp breaks when trying to mix-down half of the time.
It used to only break one time every about 10-15 mix-downs, now it seems like it does it most of the time.
I'm mixing down to MP3.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp breaks when trying to mix-down half of the time

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and submit a support request with your Mixcraft-log.txt file attached.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
edude15000

Re: Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp breaks when trying to mix-down half of the time

Post by edude15000 »

Done. Thanks so much for all the time you guys spend answering questions!
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

edude,

What version of MC are you on? Have you tried mixing down directly to another format? For example, to wav first, then convert to mp3...
edude15000

Post by edude15000 »

It happens regardless of mixdown type. We are in the mastering stage and now it is breaking every single mixdown. :( I really like the bass tone so I want to keep it but if it doesn't work, I'll have to switch to something else. I am using Mixcraft 8 Pro. They submitted the problem to the makers of Studio Devil but haven't heard anything back yet.
comedians

Post by comedians »

Did anything ever transpire with this issue, I too find it will crash 7 out of 10 times when mixing down to any format. Using Pro Studio 8 build 396.
Stopped using it in Pro 7 for the same reason.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think the crash is within Studio Devil and we sent them a customer's dmp file. Haven't heard any updates yet.

Greg
comedians

Post by comedians »

Thank you Greg
BigFrench05

Post by BigFrench05 »

Any updates regarding this? Getting the same issue with 8 Pro Studio. It was ok at first, now every time I try to mixdown, it crashes. This is a big pain in the butt. Going to have to find something else if it doesn't work. That plugin has such a great sound!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time you run into the problem, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

I must admit that I've had this plugin crash ever since it was launched, and I've used it ever since.
I *love* the idea of it, but it's clearly an original vendor problem (not you MC guys!), and I've stopped using it... after all, what's a bit of EQ, compression, light distortion & amp simulation that we can't hand-crank!?
(well, now I write that, I realise that it *was* quite convenient grrr)
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi Nickybee,

Try it again, and if you have the problem, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file as described in my previous post.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

One thing to try with this problem is to reduce your buffer size in Sound Device preferences. If you're using ASIO mode, click Open Mixer to do that.

Note: if you lower your buffer sizes too much, you'll get audio skipping.

Greg
BigFrench05

Post by BigFrench05 »

Thanks Greg!

Lowering the buffer size worked for me. FYI I also noticed it happens when trying to freeze a track.