Nightlife Issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Eddiescoob

Nightlife Issues

Post by Eddiescoob »

I`m having a problem with the Nightlife VST, It keeps crashing on me saying that a problem has been detected within Nightlife and it has been muted. Has anybody else had this happen and if so how has the issue been resolved.
Please take it easy with any replies as I`m not very clued up with computers and this is my first DAW.

Cheers Guys and Gals
Acoustica Greg

Re: Nightlife Issues

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're not already using Mixcraft version 8.1 build 396, try updating.

If the problem is happening with the latest build of Mixcraft, the next time it happens, quit Mixcraft, submit a support request and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

At last there is one other case where this new alert box concerning a crashing plugin is coming up with the plugin getting shut off.
I have this issue with several effect VSTs (eg. all the Modern Plugins and Variety Of Sound plugins) with my two Intel Core 2 computers in 64 bit Mixcraft 8 (not in 64 bit Mixcraft 7, not in 32 bit Mixcraft 8).
The crash is documented in the logfiles, but the support people couldn't help me until now.
Are there any other users out there, who have seen this issue?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Manfred wrote:At last there is one other case where this new alert box concerning a crashing plugin is coming up with the plugin getting shut off.
I have this issue with several effect VSTs (eg. all the Modern Plugins and Variety Of Sound plugins) with my two Intel Core 2 computers in 64 bit Mixcraft 8 (not in 64 bit Mixcraft 7, not in 32 bit Mixcraft 8).
The crash is documented in the logfiles, but the support people couldn't help me until now.
Are there any other users out there, who have seen this issue?
Hi,

We'll see if this is a similar issue to yours if we get the log file. I passed along your information to the software devs. Haven't heard anything back from them.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

G-Sonique Pultronic (32 bit) pretty consistently did it for me when attempting to use it in 64 bit Mixcraft.

But I don't do that anymore. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Manfred is getting a lot of plugin crashes with certain plugins in 64-bit Mixcraft. He gets the plugins to crash by just changing presets. Some are third party (DensityMKIII) and some come with Mixcraft (DTC-1 Compressor). I can't duplicate the problem here, and that's what makes it so difficult to figure out. He can't get it to happen in Mixcraft 7.

Huh, I wonder whether all the plugins involved are 32-bit.

Nightlife is 32-bit, so I suppose a question for OP would be whether 64-bit Mixcraft is involved. The log file would show that. Manfred only has the problem in 64-bit Mixcraft.

Greg
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

I have had the same issue numerous times with various plugins getting muted. The last time I recall it was 'classic Delay' (not the first time) which was muted after I loaded another delay or synth with delay built in and I believe it happened when I tried to change the preset in it. It happens less since I started using the 32 bit version of Mixcraft 8 rather than the 64 bit version which I had been using using exclusively since Mixcraft 7 came out
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

Thank you Ian and Mark for heading up, I really thought I'm the only one with this issue.
To Greg: Yes, all affected VSTs are 32 bit, never had a problem with 64 bit plugs.
Eddiescoob

Post by Eddiescoob »

Hi guys, seems like I`m not alone and like you lot it seems to happen on the 32bit vst.
I`m running the 64bit Pro Studio so what would I have to do to run 32bit, is it a different download.

Craig
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You have the option upon installation, to choose between them. Note that you can have both installed simultaneously if you wish. You can re-run the installer and choose the other option.

I still have both installed, for two reasons. One is the situation where I may wish to open an older project that used more 32 bit plug-ins, the other reason is that I sometimes work on other peoples projects that use plug-ins I don't commonly use myself. Such as synths like Nightlife.

Working more and more in 64 bit on my own work, I have found it desirable to also migrate toward using 64 bit plug-ins, so first came the ones I regularly like to use. The Pultronic EQ was the latest one when it jumped ship one too many times. I replaced it with a third party 64 bit substitute.

Greg, this leaves me considering previous threads and conversations on this, and wondering about some details on how Mixcrafts "ignore VST" function works.
Based on my experiments, choosing to place a vst on the ignore list in Mixcraft seems to effect both versions.
I am wondering if it would be difficult to have Mixcraft 64 bit ignore different plug-ins than 32 bit. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Lets say for example, I want to leave the option to use some old 32 bit plug ins available for opening in old projects in 32 bit Mixcraft, but want to ignore a set of them in 64 bit Mixcraft.
Having both creates a long list, and remembering which are which becomes tedious and causes one to pause......

A second (minor) problem is that full removal of unwanted plug ins becomes moot upon the next Mixcraft re-install.

Will research further and file an enhancement request, but I am wondering first what other people think and have found on this?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If else anybody runs into this problem, please send in a log file so we can compare and contrast. Maybe a pattern will emerge.

Greg
Eddiescoob

Post by Eddiescoob »

Hi guys,
I`ve installed the 32 bit version of Pro Studio 8 and the initial reports are good, no crashing issue up to press.

Cheers
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's good news, and it looks like we'll have a fix for the 32-bit/64-bit plugin problem in the upcoming build.

Greg