Drag and drop not working

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Pete Stobbs

Drag and drop not working

Post by Pete Stobbs »

Hi there,

Using Vista Home Premium (fully up to date) and I cannot drag and drop a wave file or midi file into mixcraft.

Any ideas?

Pete
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

The first thing that comes to mind is that they might not be actual wav or midi files. If you are trying to drag a file which is in an incompatible format, it won't work.
The next thing that comes to mind is permissions within vista, does your windows account have administrator rights? It could be that the files you are trying to use were created by another user and windows is denying you rights to modify them?
Pete Stobbs

Post by Pete Stobbs »

Eric,

Tried it with wave files(acidised) and midi files and I have administrater rights.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you are dragging the wave files onto audio tracks, not instrument tracks.

If you select "Open Project" from the file menu, can you open the MIDI files that way?

If you right-click on an audio track and select "Add Sound," can you load those wave files?

Greg
Pete Stobbs

Post by Pete Stobbs »

Greg,

Sorted. It was to do with Admin rights. I unchecked Run this programme as Administrator and bingo!Duhhhh.

Thanks for your time.

Pete
a57737

Re: Drag and drop not working

Post by a57737 »

Hi,

Sorry to drag up an old one, but I'm having the issue with Mixcraft 7. I can import a file with right click on the track, but drag and drop does nothing.

I am using audio files and have tried running as administrator and not as Administrator.

I'm also running Windows 10 64bit.

Cheers

Steve
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 7.7 build 316? If not, try updating.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
a57737

Post by a57737 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 7.7 build 316? If not, try updating.

Greg
Yep, checked that before posting.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

a57737 wrote:Yep, checked that before posting.
Hi,

Try it one more time, then quit Mixcraft, submit a support request, and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

You can't drag and drop from the add sound tab or by r/click on a track, but you can d+d direct from the documents folder (or in my case from drive F:) There's a little yellow folder at the bottom of my screen, if I click that it gives access to doc's and drives such as F: If I open drive F: d+d works fine.
a57737

Post by a57737 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
a57737 wrote:Yep, checked that before posting.
Hi,

Try it one more time, then quit Mixcraft, submit a support request, and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Done, thanks.