A Failure Has Been Detected In The Effect..

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JuletLindo

A Failure Has Been Detected In The Effect..

Post by JuletLindo »

Hello!

I just had a quick question. So I just upgraded from Mixcraft 6.1 to 8.1 Recording Studio. I'm trying to test it out, but when I use an effect, after about 30 seconds a sign comes up saying a failure has been detected in the effect [whatever effect], and then it's muted. I unmute, but the problem comes again and again. How do I make this stop?

Also, my computer is a 64 bit so I used that option, so I'm wondering had I chosen the 32, would I be having this problem?

Thank you!

-Julet L.
davefk

Re: A Failure Has Been Detected In The Effect..

Post by davefk »

Is the track that the effect is on very loud? What is happening with the meter?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Some people have reported this problem with 32-bit plugins in 64-bit Mixcraft. You can run the Mixcraft installer again and choose to install 32-bit Mixcraft to see if that works better for you. You can have both 32- and 64-bit Mixcraft installed at the same time.

We're going to have a new build of Mixcraft that will hopefully address this issue in the coming weeks.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Acoustica Greg wrote: We're going to have a new build of Mixcraft that will hopefully address this issue in the coming weeks.
Is it going to address anything to do with VST3's?

I've stopped trying to use any VST3 versions of plug-ins because whenever I do, one or the other of them seems to bring Mixcraft to its knees within minutes. Have been using 64-bit version of the program exclusively.
-Erik
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Starship Krupa wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote: We're going to have a new build of Mixcraft that will hopefully address this issue in the coming weeks.
Is it going to address anything to do with VST3's?

I've stopped trying to use any VST3 versions of plug-ins because whenever I do, one or the other of them seems to bring Mixcraft to its knees within minutes. Have been using 64-bit version of the program exclusively.
Hi,

The fix I'm talking about relates to 32-bit plugins in 64-bit Mixcraft. We haven't been able to duplicate that problem here, so we're going to need help seeing whether the fix works. In regard to the VST3 problems you're experiencing, the devil would be in the details. You can try the new build when it comes out and see. If it doesn't help, we'd have to drill down into the specifics.

Greg
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Acoustica Greg wrote:In regard to the VST3 problems you're experiencing, the devil would be in the details. You can try the new build when it comes out and see. If it doesn't help, we'd have to drill down into the specifics.
Sigh. Yeah, I was afraid of that. :) But I know I am not the only user who has given up on VST3's for the time being.

I have been short on time resources to find a specific pluggie and sequence of events that breaks it, been doing some more serious studio projects and can't allow the crashing.

I may start throwing in some VST3's from more "reputable" sources such as Meldaproduction or Voxengo and see how that goes.
-Erik
Matt102583

Post by Matt102583 »

Happens to me as well, 99% of the time it's when i'm mixing down and its 99% on the master tracks, fabfilter proq, virtual mix rack, Virtual tape machines, VBC, etc. it makes a loud popping noise, I have to delete them, mix down again, sometimes I get lucky and it works, sometimes it doesn't. very frustrating.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Happens to me on occasion too, 32 bit plugins with 32 bit MC.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Starship Krupa wrote: I may start throwing in some VST3's from more "reputable" sources such as Meldaproduction or Voxengo and see how that goes.
I gave up on MConvolutionMB (previously MMultiBandConvolution) in the vst3 format and deleted it. Melda have been messing around with stuff over the last few months and that was the first casualty. I initially gave up with vst3 before that about 10 minutes after I first tried them when Mixcraft 8 came out, but I was forced to use them as waves vst2 plugins simply don't work in Mixcraft 8 (I don't know if vst2s work in other programs or not). Also, beware the lack of reliable preset saving (or more precisely the total inability to recall vst2 presets in vst3).
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If anybody is experiencing the "...Failure Has Been Detected In the Effect..." problem with plugins, please try beta version 400. If you're not a beta tester, submit an Acoustica Support Request and we'll get you the build 400.

Greg
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

If anybody is experiencing the "...Failure Has Been Detected In the Effect..." problem with plugins, please try beta version 400. If you're not a beta tester, submit an Acoustica Support Request and we'll get you the build 400.

Greg
I will have to try this. Just the other day I responded to a thread about these issues. My note stated I was not having issues with VST3s, especially Izotope and Toontrack products..and two days later, I was experiencing the OP's exact same problems with

But none of my experiences seem to be consistent. One week I was having the same issue with Studio Devil's bass amp(included with MX). One week it was Graceverb (VST2).. but now, this week, its Izotope's Trash2 VST3.

I do not recall having as many issues with previous versions of MX if any at all. I'm really considering going back to MX7 Pro.
Alleyoop

Post by Alleyoop »

I'm having this problem also. I thought I'd found the source, it appeared to be happening mainly to effects on my MIDI drum tracks, so I converted to WAV just to try and it seemed to be ok - for a day, the problem has returned today.
What's the latest on this? I'm on 8.0.1.396
Thank you.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Update to the current version and retest.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Alleyoop

Post by Alleyoop »

Thanks for that Mark, update had slipped past me.
Disappointed to report that it hasn't rectified the problem though.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time you run into this, quit Mixcraft, submit a support request, and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg