Mixcraft crashes with Line6 Native (guitar plugin)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Lelik

Mixcraft crashes with Line6 Native (guitar plugin)

Post by Lelik »

I downloaded the trial version of the guitar multi-fx Line6 Native (VST3).
And I installed the 64bit version of Mixcraft8.1Pro build406 for the first time (I was still using the 32bits version with no problems, but Native requires 64bit DAWs).

I can open Native in the DAW and can use it, but then it (very) often crashes without any information: Mixcraft just disappears and it is closed. When I run Mixcraft again, I have no information that there was an error or something like this to recover the previous session.
Does anybody have any information and experience with this brand new plugin?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft crashes with Line6 Native (guitar plugin)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Line6's QA team should be testing Helix Native with Mixcraft. I tried the demo a bit, and I didn't notice any problems.

The next time it happens, quit Mixcraft, submit a support request and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Lelik

Post by Lelik »

Thanks Greg for your step-by-step guide!
I opened a ticket (#307542) because it keeps on crashing after little time.
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

I don't know if it's related, but I started getting blue screen crashing of my PC when Mixcraft was open.
I just loaded the Native plugin the other night. I didn't get any crashes when I opened it and did a couple minor things. But I didn't have my Helix connected.

Tonight, I connected my Helix to my PC and set Mixcraft to use the Helix ASIO driver. Buffer is set to 128. I did not load the Native vst3 as an effect, but, obviously, it is loaded. Now, pretty consistently, after about 10 minutes or so after I start Mixcraft, my PC goes into a blue screen of death crash. I've tried unloading programs, and it consistently happens only when Mixcraft is started. I haven't tried disconnecting my Helix yet to see if that cures it, and I could go S/PDIF through my Focusrite 6i6, so I'm not totally dead in the water. But it seems to be related.

I'll add more info if I run into anything else. I'll submit a ticket to Line 6 as well to help gain some traction.

I didn't see anything funky in the log file.
bennett

Post by bennett »

I too have been having some issues with Helix Native crashing Mixcraft. Native is the first VST3 that I've used and am thinking about uninstalling it and reinstalling the VST2 version. See if that helps.

I wasn't sure if any other Mixcraft Users are having similar issues to what I've been experiencing, but from this post, there appear to be a couple others.

I've been using Guitar Rig 5 for a while in Mixcraft and it's been completely stable, no crashes.

When I get more time to play around with Native, and experience anymore crashes, I'll send a log file...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If anybody is crashing with this plugin, please send in a Mixcraft-log.txt file that shows the crash (as outlined in my previous post).

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

It also might be useful to confirm if this behavior is VST3 version exclusive or not.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

There's a demo version if anybody wants to test it out. I downloaded the demo and I haven't noticed any crashes, but this could be related to a specific configuration of the plugin and Mixcraft.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, I want to, but I am slammed busy right now.

Might get to it later down the road though. I would look forward to a chance to see if Line6 has upped their software game. Some of my past experience has been underwhelming.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

I was just reading on the net about some people having problems running the trial version without a internet connection present and others saying that they had to reauthorize every time they started the plugin. Might be something to check out to find a problem. Here are some other known issues they have posted:

KNOWN ISSUES

We're dedicated to being as transparent as possible, and here's some not-so-great stuff that you may encounter.

-Some minor artifacts might be found in two of the modulation effects –Don't worry, we'll fix these very soon.
-Editing min/max for automation of a parameter slider can temporarily stop reading the automation lane.
-Editing parameters assigned to automation can can temporarily stop reading the automation lane during playback/record.
-Cali IV Lead Amp model will decrease in gain when Mid and Bass are set to 0. This is already known to occur on Helix hardware.
-Unfreezing Tracks in Logic Pro X will darken the plug-in UI, just close and reopen it in the meantime.
-Moving blocks while Automation is running may cause some errors during playback/record on Pro Tools.
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Do all the people having a problem also have their Helix connected and the Editor running?

I didn't try running it without the Helix connected. Lots of troubleshooting to try for me.

I was actually getting a blue screen of death computer shut down... sounds like a hardware interrupt/resource issue.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

A blue screen of death (BSOD) indicates some kind of driver problem, so make sure that you've got the correct audio driver selected and that you have the latest updates for it from Line6.

Sometimes the BSOD will actually list the driver that's involved.

Greg