Question- new to loop-mode...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

midimoose

Question- new to loop-mode...

Post by midimoose »

Hello all,
Recently started playing with loop mode, so, 2 questions. I'm not using supplied MC loops, but recording my own. When I first started playing with it, I set up a 12 measure loop with virtual piano, and when the loop restarted, I could still hear the first loop to play along with. For some reason now, when the loop restarts, the first loop is automatically muted. I've tried both "takes" and "overdub" in the settings, but it doesn't seem to make a difference....? How to overcome this?

Second question--
Is there a way to ""stack up" 3 or 4 virtual instruments so that when the loop restarts, it would switch to the next instrument? I'd like to be able to play the 12-measure piano part for instance, and when the loop repeats, have it automatically switch to a virtual bass instrument, for example, and on the third repeat, perhaps switch to another? Pardon my aging brain-- This is possibly something simple that I'm just not getting :roll: I'd rather not get into the relative complexities of Omni sampler, etc. but if that's the only way, I'll go back to the drawing board. Any help much appreciated. (Using MC7 pro studio, and only MC supplied instruments). Many thanks, Rick.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
Acoustica Greg

Re: Question- new to loop-mode...

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Overdub mode should be the one you want. Where are you changing the setting? If you change it in preferences, that will only affect newly created tracks When working with an existing track, you may need to right-click to the left of the track and select overdub mode.

In regard to your second question, you'd just put the loops on different tracks if you wanted them to play different instruments.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
midimoose

Post by midimoose »

Hi Greg,

As always, thanks for the response. I was in the wrong place for the overdub settings, got that all straightened out. As for the second part of my question-- seems I was temporarily infatuated with some of the live looping I see on youtube-- that has passed. On further research, I've learned that I can do what I wanted using the punch in punch out feature of Mixcraft.

Wow-- you guys do an amazing job of fielding a wild variety of questions from all over the Mixcraft spectrum!I wanted to pass along my compliments for excellent product support. Thanks, Rick. 8)
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

midimoose wrote: ... you guys do an amazing job of fielding a wild variety of questions from all over the Mixcraft spectrum!I wanted to pass along my compliments for excellent product support. ...
+1
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

Thank you, we try.

We've also got a great bunch of regulars here who help out all the time.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101