Novation Launchkey 49 question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Crystal Noir

Novation Launchkey 49 question

Post by Crystal Noir »

Hi everyone,

I bought a Novation Launchkey 49, I don't have it yet and I wonder if all the hardware (cursor, potentiometers etc...) work with Mixcraft ?

Are the pad "flash" with light when used (RGB colors) ? (it's very handy to have visual while playing).

Sorry for my english,

Thank you !
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Novation Launchkey 49 question

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hi, it should work fine. Let us know if it doesn't.
BillW

Post by BillW »

I recall that it's a highly recommended device for Mixcraft - when I was researching I narrowed it down to Novation and Akai. Went with the Akai (25 key) and I'm happy, but as I said the Novation got a lot of positive comments on this site as well.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
shakin_fingers

Post by shakin_fingers »

I have one - just about everything works fine. You'll need to use the "MIDI learn" function to set up things like the pads, knobs and sliders, but it's relatively painless. I haven't figured out how (or if) the multi-coloured pad feature could be persuaded to work, however. I suspect it might be a bit Ableton-specific. Then again, I haven't figured out how it might be useful.

Anyway, I'm generally very happy with it.

Mike
Mike