Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio won't play...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Harry7139

Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio won't play...

Post by Harry7139 »

Here we go with Windows again... Everything was fine on Monday... Got Windows Tues. update now nothing in Mix craft works.. Hit play and it does nothing...I have downloaded the latest Mixcraft 8 Pro software as well.. I am running Windows 10 , I -7, 16GB Ram and 2 -2 TB hard drives... Focusrite 18/20 i interface.. Neither the 32 bit version or the 64 bit version of MC work.. Has anyone had this issue with Mixcraft being unresponsive after this latest update ? Would appreciate any help you may be able to provide.... Thanks !! :D
Last edited by Harry7139 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio won't play...

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Mixcraft's sound device preferences and check your playback device setting.

If that doesn't help, are you using WaveRT, ASIO or Wave? What is your playback device?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Hi Greg .. My playback device is my Focusrite 18/ i 20... I am using the latest Focusrite ASIO driver for my playback device setting...same settings I have always used.. all worked fine until Windows did its update thing today.. I also updated my MXC Pro to the latest version today...could MXC possibly be the problem? One strange thing I notice now is that when I start Mixcraft it loads all of my plugins...but then goes to a totally white screen for a few seconds before it loads the project screen.. I have never noticed that before... strange...lol
Last edited by Harry7139 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using ASIO mode? Check your hardware connections. You've got headphones plugged into the Focusrite?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Using ASIO as I always have... Headphones are not plugged in to my interface. I don't think it would matter anyway as when I hit the "Play" button on a loaded project it does nothing. It does not play (line start scrolling) on the MXC interface.. Play button does nothing at all now... just changes to square and thats it....so if the scrolling line does not begin to move through the project when you hit play I would assume there will be no sound regardless... I am just trying to get my project to actually start playing when I hit play - then I can worry about the sound stuff later...lol :D
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Well I uninstalled the windows update by using a system restore date... That seemed to correct things for now...all is well again. Im just not sure how long I can stop windows from wanting to reinstall this update...so I think Im just gonna disconnect from the net for a while...lol Thanks for your reply !

Harry :D
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Could it be that the Windows sound preferences changed? Right click speaker in toolbar, select playback devices, choose your device, properties, then advanced and see if those settings are the ones you're using with your focusrite.

M
Topcheese

Post by Topcheese »

That's what it sounds like to me, and no pun intended. That is the only time that I've seen MC do that is when something is wrong with my sound setup. I bet somehow your settings got changed somewhere, or perhaps your audio drivers could be having issues with the windows/MC updates.
Windows 10 build 16299
AMD A8-6410 @ 2GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Sonar V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49
YMMV :roll: :arrow: https://www.reverbnation.com/dirtbom