Video preview not working

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Strativarious

Re: Video preview not working

Post by Strativarious »

Hey,

I used afterburner to check temperatures on task bar so i just disabled it and found another. I'd say check your task manager for anything graphics related apart from the graphics card driver software and disable it.
Stoner

Post by Stoner »

I tried everything mentioned here and it´s still not working... This is really frustrating :?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Stoner wrote:I tried everything mentioned here and it´s still not working... This is really frustrating :?
Hi,

There's something different about your computer that's causing this, but it's hard to say what it is. Microsoft's DirectShow is very complex and there are a lot of variables that could be involved, including your video card, any video codecs you have installed, your Windows display settings and other programs that might be interfering.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rosalina_browning

Post by rosalina_browning »

So....this play preview has been a problem since May 2015? and there is still no solution and its 2018? I have the same problem and they asked me the same thing if I'm running on battery or my video card is up to date. I run Adobe Premier pro or Adobe after effects with no problem, and I'm talking about 4K. So whats REALLY wrong with the program? can it use other than Direct Show?
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi
I'm not going to be of much use here but I have to agree with Greg. I have made many videos with MX7 Pro & MX8 pro without a hitch, some pretty long & complex too.
I also do a lot of editing with Edius so perhaps I've got some good codecs onboard. I've never loaded any of the free codec packs you can get online.
Perhaps try a render on a very small video to uncompressed avi to see if that works ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You may just need to install a video codec pack like K-Lite.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rosalina_browning

Post by rosalina_browning »

comedians wrote:Hi
I'm not going to be of much use here but I have to agree with Greg. I have made many videos with MX7 Pro & MX8 pro without a hitch, some pretty long & complex too.
I also do a lot of editing with Edius so perhaps I've got some good codecs onboard. I've never loaded any of the free codec packs you can get online.
Perhaps try a render on a very small video to uncompressed avi to see if that works ?
"O.K I figured it out, maybe for everyone..I hope, especially if you already bought the product. You wont find it in the text log in Mixcraft and updating windows is not going to fix it either, so here it is.
If you have a dual Video Card like (Intel R HD Graphics and NVIDIA or AMD), you have to use the primary graphic card (usually the Intel(R)) and disable the NVIDIA or AMD which ever is your higher grade Video card. Disable it by searching "Device Manager" in the search bar next to the Start Menu in Windows, I'm not sure in MAC. Then go to Display Adapters and right click "NVIDIA" or "AMD" then disable. You can enable it again later if you need it. I hope this works for everyone who are having the same issue. After doing this with my Alienware the Video previous worked like a charm without lag."
Stoner

Post by Stoner »

rosalina_browning wrote:"O.K I figured it out, maybe for everyone..I hope, especially if you already bought the product. You wont find it in the text log in Mixcraft and updating windows is not going to fix it either, so here it is.
If you have a dual Video Card like (Intel R HD Graphics and NVIDIA or AMD), you have to use the primary graphic card (usually the Intel(R)) and disable the NVIDIA or AMD which ever is your higher grade Video card. Disable it by searching "Device Manager" in the search bar next to the Start Menu in Windows, I'm not sure in MAC. Then go to Display Adapters and right click "NVIDIA" or "AMD" then disable. You can enable it again later if you need it. I hope this works for everyone who are having the same issue. After doing this with my Alienware the Video previous worked like a charm without lag."
Thank you so much this finally solved my problem. :D
For NVIDIA you can set the default graphics device for Mixcraft in NVIDIA Control Panel so you don´t have to disable it every time.