Attracting Sonar users

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lingyai

Attracting Sonar users

Post by lingyai »

As an advanced-ish amateur DAW user, and a Sonar Refugee now with about 30 hours of Mixcraft under my belt, I'm really enoying the transition; in fact many things are so much easier in Mixcraft, which on my setup it is far more robust / less "flakey" than Sonar. I'm seeing that there is nothing at all "adolescent" about Mixcraft; it's just really easy to use, and not as well-known. I think spec-wise it holds its own quite well against Sonar with respect to the things which matter most (to me anyway).

So, I'd like to see Acoustica do well. The Cakewalk exodus is maybe a unique opportunity (as I'm sure management already knows) to grow the customer base.

Hence some uncolicited advice to management: please consider emulating Presonus' approach in directly courting Sonar users -- not just through cross grade pricing, but also, by putting together some quick-start material aimed directly at them.

Excellent examples from Presonus range from the modest but very thoughtful "Basic Differences to Help You Get Started" post found here (it's the third post, 30 November 2017 by jpetit; it also serves as a way to quickly show a Sonar user that indeed, many beloved features exist in the target product)

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27570

to the more time-consuming investment of these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... mBDAVkUbso

To be done effectively, a Sonar expert needs to be engaged (if you don't already have someone in-house). (I'm not expert enough for the job unfortunately).

My 2 cents anyway.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Attracting Sonar users

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks for the post, we've been in their forums and now have our own thread for attracting Sonar users.
We're glad you are enjoying your transition!
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

Glad y'all are on the case! Hope it goes well!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The Sonar users that are coming over seem to pretty pleased with Mixcraft, which is very nice to see. :)

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi,
in case you are unaware of this offer between 6th December and 1st January on Plugin Boutique I will draw your attention to it with the suggestion that maybe you should get the Mixcraft crossgrade offer listed on Plugin Boutique as well
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... walk-SONAR
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

We do have our Mixcraft / Sonar crossgrade offer listed over at KVR: Acoustica Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Crossgrade for Sonar users.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

That's all great. I'm suggesting, though, that in addition to giving price incentives, it should be stressed how very easy key Sonar tasks are in Mixcraft. Because now that the shock / awe from the Gibson bombshell is over, I 'd bet that perhaps the single biggest worry on refugees' minds will be, not "Where can I get a good price on a new DAW," so much as "How easy will the transition to a good new DAW be"?

From what I've seen, that answer is: with Mixcraft, dang easy! Ease-of use is a major strength of Mixcraft. Say it loud and proud, Acoustica!