Can't remove dead air at the end of a track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sparrow

Can't remove dead air at the end of a track

Post by Sparrow »

I'm trying to make some music loops for videogames that are 30 seconds to 1 minute long, that loop. But whenever I save one as a track there's always 2 to 4 seconds of dead air at the end of the track, which makes the track not work as a loop. I've looked all through the help manual and I couldn't find anything on how to make a loop save correctly. :(
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm not using Reverb, so its not an echo issue. I'm saving it as a WAV format.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Version is 6.1
davefk

Re: Can't remove dead air at the end of a track

Post by davefk »

As I understand it, that dead air is added as the tail for reverb or delay. It's really odd the way Mixcraft seems to work with tails, and there should be a tick option for not rendering tails. If you turn off your effects and save the file out again, you will notice it works perfectly, but obviously this is not what you want.

I hope the guys over at Mixcraft have a fix for you. Sorry i could not help further.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I'm not at my computer right now and cant affix an image, nor can I find the previous tip that shows this....

But if you adjust the loop markers to where the clip loops as desired, you can render (mix down) the file and select "Use selection" (or similar, cant verify exact terminology and specifics from here).
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
davefk

Post by davefk »

Sparrow wrote:I'm trying to make some music loops for videogames that are 30 seconds to 1 minute long, that loop. But whenever I save one as a track there's always 2 to 4 seconds of dead air at the end of the track, which makes the track not work as a loop. I've looked all through the help manual and I couldn't find anything on how to make a loop save correctly. :(
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm not using Reverb, so its not an echo issue. I'm saving it as a WAV format.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Version is 6.1
As an update see my post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21914

Try selecting the parts you want to export and then tick the 'Use Selection' box when exporting as a .wav.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

There ya go!

Side note to others reading this, though the OP stated the mix down was to a Wav file, MP3 is to be avoided for these purposes as the rendering adds a small variable amount of time to the file and they don't loop reliably as a result.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

That fixed it :D Thank you so much!
I tried that Use Section click box and it works perfectly now. :D