Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote:Yes, this does make sense. However, it does mean that what you are saying is that Mixcraft has a Piano Roll based Clip Editor and that it does not have a traditional Piano Roll Editor at all.
This is not good news.
Mixcraft has always worked this way. What additional features would you like to see in Mixcraft's piano roll. Others have mentioned wanting the ability to view and edit multiple clips. Is that what you mean?
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Ian Craig wrote:Yes, this does make sense. However, it does mean that what you are saying is that Mixcraft has a Piano Roll based Clip Editor and that it does not have a traditional Piano Roll Editor at all.
This is not good news.
Mixcraft has always worked this way. What additional features would you like to see in Mixcraft's piano roll. Others have mentioned wanting the ability to view and edit multiple clips. Is that what you mean?
No, I mean a Piano Roll editor that relates to the project position as shown in the track view and that therefore can display time signature changes the way the track view does, so that it is not impossible, for anyone who writes music in a more traditional way, bar by bar, to navigate across the different windows in the same project than compiling a collection of clips which are all in a 4/4 time signature.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote:No, I mean a Piano Roll editor that relates to the project position as shown in the track view and that therefore can display time signature changes the way the track view does, so that it is not impossible, for anyone who writes music in a more traditional way, bar by bar, to navigate across the different windows in the same project than compiling a collection of clips which are all in a 4/4 time signature.
So, basically, you'd like the timeline in the piano roll to match the timeline in the track view? Currently, it's telling you how long that particular clip is and where you are within the clip itself.
chibear

Post by chibear »

But if in the middle of the clip I change from 4/4 to 3/4 it is not reflected in the piano roll. I've just learned to live with it, but Ian makes a valid point IMO.

You can add that to the lines & curves in CC# automations and display of multiple tracks in the piano roll already scheduled for Mixcraft 9 :wink:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

It would be incredible if they could incorporate a friendly generator of chords such as the synthesizer Ana v 2.0 that allows working very flexibly with custom chords. Thank you!

Mixcraft Team: "I would just like to express how much joy you have given me with this exceptional Daw, and wish for your joy and happiness in return. Happy New Year 2018 !"
Drums73

Post by Drums73 »

I agree. Something to audition chords in the piano roll or something similar to Chord Pad in Cubase. I play drums so my chord knowledge is limited to maj, min, 7ths etc and whilst noodling on a keyboard I'd love something in mixcraft to help audition chords. I can then lay down a cool chord progression to a click and then record my drums over that.
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Greg,

This is just a curious suggestion which has to do with the "Rewire" feature. if you have seen my other post I have mentioned I Rewired 2 DAW's to each other which was Ableton live to Mixcraft Pro 8 and worked great. And Mixcraft was the host DAW and controlled everything.

My question is can you make a future Mixcraft Pro 8--9 version also go the other way with "Rewire" used as a Slave to say Studio one DAW?
Just wondering what the reason is for using Rewire with DAW's not to go both ways-either as host or slave?

I like the ability to Sync two or more DAW's together without conflicts audio or midi wise. I am new to this and still learning. If you may know of any other methods of working/syncing with 2 DAW's at the same time with no conflicts, I would be interested to know any info to look at.

This is not a dire need, but just was fascinated after trying Rewire for the first time last week.

Really enjoy Mixcraft Pro 8 Studio and thank you, :)
Dave
Guaresneider

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions! -- PIANO ROLL VIEW --

Post by Guaresneider »

It would be great if the musician were given the option of orienting the piano roll view horizontally instead of vertically, I want to see the piano keys in front as on the piano and that the notes are generated from top to bottom vertically, thanks, greetings and good year 2018 for everyone. :D

dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Guaresneider,

Interesting idea, but I am not sure if Acoustica can do that format cause of another very familiar company,cant remember their name, does this format and not sure if they may have a copyright on that particular display format. I see it allot on youtube when people are playing their songs.

I have that program somewhere, but haven't used it for a while. Gets people to learn/play the notes/songs by watching the colored bars as they come down. Couldm't quite get used to that format, cause you have to react very quickly to find all the correct bars as they come down. Kinda like a video game to me but is an interesting trainer for some. I still prefer sheet music and seeing the notes since I can read music.

Also it would be just a player mode, to me I think it would be hard to manually edit create midi tracks with the midi notes/bars in a vertical mode.

All my other DAW's I have also do the vertical keyboard style and midi notes shown horizontally. Would be cool though to see it the other way.

Dave
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Piano Hero. :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Hi Dave,

I'm referring to the keyboard concept horizontally, I do not mean the software you're referring to, it's quite uncomfortable to see the piano roll vertically on the left side. If only the piano could be oriented horizontally it would be great. Regards! :D
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Guaresneider,

Ah, I see what you are saying now. Thanks for the correction.

take care,

Dave
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Guaresneider wrote:it's quite uncomfortable to see the piano roll vertically on the left side. If only the piano could be oriented horizontally it would be great.
This could be achieved if the piano could be detached from the left hand side in the same way that the piano roll itself can be undocked. Then it would only require the same functionality as Windows' Taskbar (which can be dragged from the bottom of the screen to the sides or top of the screen) :wink:
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
mpoirier

Post by mpoirier »

I have had no luck recording MIDI from a VSTi plugin (drum machione, arpegiator, etc). This is essential !

Also being able to send track output (MIDI or Audio) to any other track's input !

Thanks !
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mpoirier wrote:I have had no luck recording MIDI from a VSTi plugin (drum machione, arpegiator, etc). This is essential !

Also being able to send track output (MIDI or Audio) to any other track's input !

Thanks !
We don't have an option to record the MIDI output of a plugin, but you can route the MIDI from one track to another:

And of course, you can route MIDI to effects and other virtual instruments as well.