Piano Roll Timeline Out of Sync

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sjoens

Piano Roll Timeline Out of Sync

Post by sjoens »

Just started using MC8 and noticed the Edit window timelines are way out of sync with the main timeline. All start at 0 but by measure 65 the Wave Editor is at 63, and the PRV/Step Seq. is at 57. Will this be fixed?
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Piano Roll Timeline Out of Sync

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I'm not seeing this behavior and nobody else reported it. Hmm, can you upload a sample project for me to try out?
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

My post was a little misleading. What's happening is the MIDI clips in question don't start at measure 1. One starts at measure 9, but in the Edit window it shows the beginning of the clip at measure 1, which is out of sync with the main timeline, which is confusing to me.

In other words, the Edit windows start measure 1 at the beginning of the open clip instead of the beginning of the song. It would be less confusing if each window was in sync with the main timeline.

Also, if I click on measure 12 in the main timeline to set the Now Time, the Edit windows don't follow that. It would help in isolating notes that need editing easier if they did.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

You mean like this?

That is referring to measure or beat 1 in the clip itself, not in the project.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Thanks, I figured as much. It's a bit confusing when I'm using the main window to reference where I am while editing in the Editor.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You can glance at the clip offset setting to see where you are in the project.
Clip offset
Clip offset
offsetvirtualinstrumentclip.png (83.6 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
And you can even manually type in an offset value to move a clip to a particular location if you want.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tongsong

Post by tongsong »

this is so inconvience and weird way of work flow, MC should have a selectable view of linear or loop based