Mixcraft 8 recording studio or Mixcraft Pro?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

StevieM

Mixcraft 8 recording studio or Mixcraft Pro?

Post by StevieM »

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner to digital recording. Have just bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo to connect my guitar. Other DAWs I've looked at seem extraordinarily complicated (Ableton, Pro Tools...). I have the free trial version of Mixcraft 8 and it pleases me, though I've done nothing with it yet except explore the sounds.

Here is my question:

My music is FOLK. I play alone, and I would like to use my guitar to simulate folk instruments like flute, banjo-style stringed instruments, bagpipes, harps, etc for accompaniments to my guitar and voice.

In my trial version of Mixcraft, I can access all these instruments. Can someone just confirm that these are all available in the basic version of Mixcraft? I don't need all the bells and whistles of the Pro version - i just need these simple instruments. Will the basic version do it for me?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Steve
Mark Bliss

Re: Mixcraft 8 recording studio or Mixcraft Pro?

Post by Mark Bliss »

The trial version is a fully functional version of Mixcraft recording studio, so yes.

Its a great place to start and an excellent value. And should you decide later you are interested in some of the extras in the Pro-Studio version, the upgrade is priced very fairly and its an easy transition, as it is simply the same program with more plug ins and virtual instruments.

IMO and FWIW, Pianissimo alone is a good instrument and worth the extra cost on its own.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
StevieM

Post by StevieM »

OK, good news, thanks for that!

Steve
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Glad to help and welcome to the forum and the Mixcraft family. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page