Simplest way to extract notes into separate tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

freightgod

Simplest way to extract notes into separate tracks

Post by freightgod »

I'm working with a 'midi' drum track, playing Standard Kit1. I'd like to just take all the kick drum sounds, meaning all the "low C" notes and copy them to a separate track for messing with. I probably want to do the same with all the 6 or 7 other notes being played in the original track. What's the simplest way to do this? It's weird doing it in Step view and It's hard to lasso all of one note in Piano view (on the details page).
Acoustica Greg

Re: Simplest way to extract notes into separate tracks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can double-click on a piano key in the piano roll to select all the notes on that key, press Ctrl+X to cut them and then press Ctrl+V to paste them into a new clip.

In other threads on this subject people have talked about MIDI splitting utilities as well.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
outteh

Post by outteh »

You can also duplicate the track and then delete all the notes (drums) you don't want. So if there are 6 different instruments, make 6 copies and delete the instruments out you don't want. Put the tracks in a submix and have fun. You can easily delete an entire drum instrument in a track doing what Greg suggests then right click and delete. :D
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Good afternoon.

Sounds like this thread needs to be included with the suggestions thread! A drum track splitter upper, what a great idea!

-N
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Its actually quite easy as it is.......
In the time it takes to clearly explain I could have done it for 3 or 4 projects I think!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page