Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MaiandraGD

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by MaiandraGD »

Many suggestions for Mixcraft 9!

- Can change the name of the plugins (both the VST instruments and the effects)
- Learn PC keyboard keys like Ableton (not just learn MIDI, but also learn keyboard function)
- Make the loop play function more easily, like in Ableton. Enter the loop mode automaticaly when a region is selected.
- loop mode for jamming (after recording a part, play it and continues recording)
- edit the sound waves like in Ableton
- edit multiple midi tracks at once
- let the grouped tracks can be minimized/maximized together
- a quick shortcut button to tap tempo
- let the zoom not affect the note duration in the sequencer
- more minimalistic UI (change button icons and icons and tabs in general and please remove that wood-like graphic in the mixer, it's horrible imo)
- undo/redo history panel
- backup auto-save every X minutes
- "capture mode" like the new one in Ableton 10 (it would be PERFECT if it works with audio too, not only midi)
- more colors to assing to the tracks (or let the user create a custom palett)
- fix a bug that it's on mixcraft 8 but not in 7: in a plugin GUI, selecting a preset with the keyboard arrows makes come back to the first preset (it must continues from where it is, but it starts again)
- let the user customice keyboard shortcuts (and add more!)
- please make an always-on metronome built in! i hate to create a new track for rythm or having another metronome to just practice. let the metronome works without playing/recording any track
- add auto- recording mode by detecting sound or midi note (it will be nice, with the capture mode as well would be perfect!)
- gradually change of tempo between sections (like in guitar pro and similars)
- add a mouse shortcut to directly play from that position in the marker
- add "one bar" to adjust to grid
- improve visibility of each bar in the midi editor view (all of them are white and soft grey hard to difference)
- add fullscreen view mode

8)
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

MaiandraGD wrote:- more minimalistic UI (change button icons and icons and tabs in general and please remove that wood-like graphic in the mixer, it's horrible imo)
I totally disagree. It gives a little warmth and contrast to the screen. I'm sick of getting lost in a sea of drab gray in DAWs.
- undo/redo history panel
- backup auto-save every X minutes
Two good ones there.
- let the user customice keyboard shortcuts (and add more!)
Let us add some customized ones, OK. Add more built-in ones? Please God no. The LAST thing any DAW needs is more clutter. Or if so, give us the ability to add or delete them from the screen.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The ability to copy added warp markers to multiple tracks and stretch them all at once, unless it exists already and I've missed it
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Probably already mentioned somewhere but make the tracks that go horizontally along the bottom half of the screen under the mixer tab rearrange-able just like the ones in the upper half are.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

First after having worked with this more, agree with whoever said remove the "fx+" button, or at least give the option to not see it. The less clutter on my screen the better.

Also on the topic, suggest that the fx button be a toggle to turn effects on or off, not click it and it brings up the fx menu. To get that I would suggest a double-click.
Last edited by mixyguy2 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mick

Post by mick »

I recently removed the wood ends but after a couple of days put them back, Mixcraft looks naked without them and they do look nice. We need more wood! 8)
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

mixyguy2 wrote:First after having worked with this more, agree with whoever said remove the "fx+" button, or at least give the option to not see it. The less clutter on my screen the better.
Grab the right edge and drag it leftward. It disappears.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

2/27
mixyguy2 wrote:What version is this? I'm not seeing both fx buttons on mine (8.1).
3/6
mixyguy2 wrote:First after having worked with this more, agree with whoever said remove the "fx+" button, or at least give the option to not see it. The less clutter on my screen the better.
:?:

As already shown, you can have it both ways....... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Many thanks, will try when I get home. Of course it won't work and only after posting about it will I realize I did it wrong lol. These stupid amateurs.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

mick wrote:I recently removed the wood ends but after a couple of days put them back, Mixcraft looks naked without them and they do look nice. We need more wood! 8)
:lol: Maybe we need the Norwegian wood option?

Mick, if the mod allowed space for even one more track in mixer view I'd probably jump on board. But it just creates some dead space and makes the mixer look like one of those other ugly DAW's (not naming names) so yeah, I think I'd actually miss the style personally.
But enough have chimed in with opposing opinions and made some pretty logical cases for there being options, so yeah, I'm cool with that too. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Norwegian wood sounds like a good title for a song! :D
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Ian Craig wrote:
Grab the right edge and drag it leftward. It disappears.
OK now I see what you were saying; knew about that. I wouldn't say it disappears really, just covered up by the track. I meant I want it no kidding gone, never to return. :) A minor thing, and I get offering multiple ways for people's "workflows" - in fact I appreciate it. But I wish w/that the option to really get rid of it if I want, as well as (more broadly speaking) any and all such duplicative knobs, buttons, whatevers.

In fact, I thought of what user-wise at least would be a really easy and user-friendly way to do it: Have some kind of "mode" you could go into (some option you toggle) where just about everything would have a little check box next to it...unclick it, and when you toggle back, it's gone.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Mark Bliss wrote: Mick, if the mod allowed space for even one more track in mixer view I'd probably jump on board. But it just creates some dead space and makes the mixer look like one of those other ugly DAW's (not naming names) so yeah, I think I'd actually miss the style personally.
From what I can tell, the wood sides have a predefined space of occupancy on screen whether they exist or not. Even removing their entries altogether from mixskin.ini so they don't show, retains the same space they would otherwise occupy, so no real-estate is gained that way either.

Removing the center spacer entry, however, does eliminate the space it occupies but leaves you with the channel strips running headlong into the busses which can be visually confusing.

(BTW, simply putting a ";" at the beginning of a line entry renders it invisible. So if your aim is to remove an item, there's no need to alter it's graphic file.)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Morning.

I use Mixcraft on a laptop in the living room, and sometimes just want to disconnect the D/A interface and pop on some headphones sit on the recliner and edit without having all kinds of hardware on my lap. I have noticed the first time changing the preferences from the Line 6 (ASIO) to the internal sound (CoreAudio) never takes the first time, and needs a second visit in and out of preferences to get the sound re-initialized, at least in the order I mentioned it.

I suppose the Audio means is such an integral part of a given project that changing isn't a trivial matter, so it's all good -- it's just a little quirk, but worth mentioning.

- N
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Yknow how you can give a track basically any color? Whatever color that is should be the same color in the area to the far left where the name, mute, solo, etc stuff is. Why they're a diff color entirely I can't imagine.