Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by mixyguy2 »

Re the split menu (upper and lower half) - I can slide it almost all the way to the top, but only about half-way to the bottom. ? It would occasionally be useful to be able to do this, and I'd think a really easy thing to implement.

PS: yes I know I can undock, but that's more hassle and sometimes I plain don't want to...I just want a quick look at a track below the half-way line for some reason. I shouldn't have to dock, grab and move that out of my way, then re-dock. A quick scroll down and up would be a lot easier and better.
Last edited by mixyguy2 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Last edited by sjoens on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Yep, definitely need a user library tab down at the bottom where we can store audio and MIDI clips, effects chains, and instruments on the fly and share them between projects. That would be huge for me personally. Huge.

-N
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Piano roll: when I have the pencil icon selected (to add), I should be able to hold down the left mouse button and drag as many notes as I want (to add) while it's held down wherever I move my mouse, similar to how in MS Paint (and many other apps) when you hold down the left mouse button it does whatever action as long as you hold it down.
summixcraft

Post by summixcraft »

Windows 10 allows unlimited virtual desktops:

Ctl+Win+D: creates a new desktop
Ctl+Win+left/right: switch between virtual desktops
Tab+Win: Select open programs

Tab+Win lets you drag and drop open programs into any virtual desktop.

How great would it be to seamlessly cycle through desktops containing maximized, track, mixer, VSTs, ReWire, or any other Mixcraft undocked windows? It would be so fluid.

Currenlty, I can drag an open mixer or VST instrument into a virtual desktop, but the entire Mixcraft program goes with it, leaving me with the same old single monitor clutter. :(
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

2nd monitor?

I use 2 which helps massively when running several apps simultaneously.

'Course one could easily get carried away here.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The ability to add more preset types i.e. not just .fxb.
.fxp, .tfx etc
Last edited by Ian Craig on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
gerhost

Post by gerhost »

Hallo!

Mixcraft 8 pro studio is fantastic, I am very satisfied. What I want an Arranger function. Arranger track as in Cubase.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Since you only have 10,000 suggestions already....

Be nice to be able to undock the transport bar and snap it elsewhere, like up top or vertically to the left or right. It's too easily hidden in the middle when I'm working by other windows for other things.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Floating/repositional Transport bar would be nice....

However, the mobile remote and my interface/mixer both work great for this already.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

SOUND EDITOR TRACK #

Some kind of Track # in the SOUND EDITOR (Audio, PRV, Step, & Score windows) for when I forget which track is in there. :oops:

Maybe above the PLAY button or left of the cursor coordinate display.
mick

Post by mick »

mixyguy2 wrote: Be nice to be able to undock the transport bar and snap it elsewhere, like up top or vertically to the left or right. It's too easily hidden in the middle when I'm working by other windows for other things.
Requested this for Mixcraft 7 some years ago and again for Mixcraft 8 so good luck with that mixyguy2.

If it does make it to M9 it will total about 5 years in the making, this is something that could be implemented in a standard update IMHO just to catch up on the other daws in this respect because it is not a feature exclusive to Mixcaft 8)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

sjoens wrote:SOUND EDITOR TRACK #

Some kind of Track # in the SOUND EDITOR (Audio, PRV, Step, & Score windows) for when I forget which track is in there. :oops:

Maybe above the PLAY button or left of the cursor coordinate display.
Sound tab?
You could put it here:
Track name reminder.png
Track name reminder.png (83.19 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

Good morning!

A "repeat last action" hotkey would be fannnntastic. As this is being written, I am going through and adjusting intermixed velocities and note durations on a very large clip; said button would increase my efficiency several fold. This is important for making MIDI clips sound more expressive.

Come to think of it, the ability to select/highlight notes based on their position in the measure/on the grid would also be helpful for this purpose. So selecting all notes on beat 3, or the + of 2, etc... ad nauseum.

Also probably time to put 5-base grid options in there for us hemiola addicts out there.

Best,

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

mick wrote:
mixyguy2 wrote: Be nice to be able to undock the transport bar and snap it elsewhere, like up top or vertically to the left or right. It's too easily hidden in the middle when I'm working by other windows for other things.
Requested this for Mixcraft 7 some years ago and again for Mixcraft 8 so good luck with that mixyguy2.

If it does make it to M9 it will total about 5 years in the making, this is something that could be implemented in a standard update IMHO just to catch up on the other daws in this respect because it is not a feature exclusive to Mixcaft 8)
Yeah tbh this is really happening a lot and starting to give me pause on MC, which I otherwise love. I'll be doing a fair share of MIDI and popping up various windows, and I keep having to move them out of the way to get so I can just hit RECORD. Honestly why they thought that was a good idea I can't imagine. In fact if making it dockable is not desired for some reason, then just move it, like to the upper left. Even far left middle would be an improvement.

And now that I've buttered them up:

I'd love to see the ability to open more than 1 project at a time. Can any DAW do this? I'm not aware of it.