Undo Split Tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Railway Mark

Undo Split Tracks

Post by Railway Mark »

The subject title pretty much covers it: I somehow accidentally split all session tracks in a few different places (presumably via an inadvertent shortcut), saved the session, and would like undo them. I completed a lot of time-consuming Melodyne and warp edits that I don't want to have to revisit. If need be, I supposed I could just crossfade the splits, but would prefer to undo them altogether. Thanks in advance for your help!
comedians

Re: Undo Split Tracks

Post by comedians »

If you select all parts on a track and click "merge track" it will join them all back together.

I never noticed any loss of edits but try it on one track. If it does lose the edits then use undo (Ctrl-Z) otherwise do the rest.
If unsure save project under another name so you still have your original.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Also, Mixcraft archives backup points every time you save your project, so if you can remember about what time and date you made the boo-boos with the split command and then saved, you can load up that project with the clips intact.

Look in your project folder for a subfolder named "Backup."

If you made the splits and then subsequently did some other work, you might be able to copy and paste the intact clips from the backup project into the current project and still preserve your subsequent work. Not sure about the Melodyne stuff.
-Erik
Railway Mark

Post by Railway Mark »

comedians wrote:If you select all parts on a track and click "merge track" it will join them all back together.
Thanks, comedians. I am aware of (and use) the merge function. My understanding is that it does the same thing as manually stretching and creating crossfades, but does so automatically. There can be artifacts if, for instance, the crossfade occurs over a sustained bass note. In most cases, I prefer to do the crossfades manually to minimize any artifacting.
Starship Krupa wrote:Also, Mixcraft archives backup points every time you save your project, so if you can remember about what time and date you made the boo-boos with the split command and then saved, you can load up that project with the clips intact.
Good info., Starship! I'll attempt to recover the pre-split session in the studio this evening.

Thanks for the help!