Virtual instrument notes dropping out in audio mixdown

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

timesignature2018

Virtual instrument notes dropping out in audio mixdown

Post by timesignature2018 »

I'm using Eastwest Virtual Instruments (mainly Symphonic Orchestra) with Play version 6.0.2, 64-bit and 64-bit Mixcraft. Project sounds fine until it is mixed down to audio and then almost every note drops out. I tried every setting I can think of, both .mp3 and .wav. I also tried matching the .wav sample rate to the one in Mixcraft preferences (48000hz, 16-bit stereo) as has been suggested for other mixdown issues. None of that worked.

The only thing that made a difference was selecting individual instruments in Play and unchecking "Stream from Disk." The instruments that were not streamed from the disk then played fine in the mixdown. The problem is this is extremely taxing on system memory. To have twenty instruments loaded into memory at one time would be impossible (at least on my system). If anyone knows some other way to avoid these note drop-outs, please help.

Also, Eastwest FAQ suggests a real-time audio bounce to avoid dropped notes but I don't see any way to achieve this in Mixcraft.
chibear

Re: Virtual instrument notes dropping out in audio mixdown

Post by chibear »

Hi, sounds like your hard drive isn't keeping up. Try either freezing your tracks or mixing each track down to wave before doing your final mixdown.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're not using build 413, try updating.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
timesignature2018

Post by timesignature2018 »

Thanks everyone. I was using build 412; I updated to 413 but that didn't change anything.

Freezing/mix to new audio track works as long as "Stream From Disk" is unchecked on the plugin and the sounds are thereby loaded into RAM. Otherwise, the resulting audio comes out the same as the mixdown, with dropped notes.

In order to mix down the whole project, I have to go track-by-track, unchecking "Stream From Disk," mix to new audio track, and then "purge" the data from the RAM each time. This is fine for now but still looking for other solutions.