Mixer channels

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Yellowcake

Mixer channels

Post by Yellowcake »

Hi all,

OK guys. How can I do this? My natural workflow is left to right. I want to move the drum buss up to where the compression channel is now - to the left of the master track. Probably simple but how do I do it? Perhaps more fundamentally, can I do it?

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
mixer.JPG
mixer.JPG (364.04 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
Yellowcake

Re: Mixer channels

Post by Yellowcake »

The silence is deafening. I take it that’s a ‘no’ then? :roll:
mick

Post by mick »

Steady on there cowboy 24 hrs is not long because when you post a question the guy with the answer could be asleep / working / looking after kids etc! Anyway, if you go to the tracks view you just point yer mouse at a track and drag it to where you want it to go. You can arrange tracks/mixer positions how you want from here but can't do it on the mixer view. 8)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.14 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes, but- AFAIK, no matter how you arrange the tracks in the arranger window, as the OP shows the submix child tracks always show to the right of the submix track in the Mixer view.

And FWIW, though its a small(ish) thing, I have always wished I could change that.
My preference would be to have submix tracks, then send tracks, then the master track on the right. All individual tracks and child tracks to the left of that.

And since I often create a mixing arrangement with a submix that functions as a "sub-master" channel strip, I'd like to be able to have that (or those) next to the master, after the sends.

AND since soome people who are used to other DAW's may prefer the master on the left..... etc.
I think the case for a suggestion of fully configurable could be made. 8)

Now then, nt to change the subject, but since we are on the subject of mixer view improvments....
About the send knob configuration. And the EQ. And the need for an integrated trim at the input end of the channels. And an integrated H/P filter selector...... :mrgreen:

Please? :idea:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Would you want the mixer to match the main view, with child tracks on top of the parent track? Or would you only have that view in the mixer? Would it be confusing to have the tracks one way and the mixer the other way? Would it be confusing to have child tracks on top of the parent track in the main view?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

My opinion:
I would personally prefer that the arranger view work pretty much as is, and have the option to configure the mixer view any ol' way I please.
It might be confusing to some, I'd be fine with them being totally different myself.

I would prefer to use the arranger view for editing and arranging, and the mixer view later, for you know.... mixing. :D
But as it stands, I often find myself just working entirely in the arranger view these days. Pensado style. (Not to compare myself in any other way, trust me....)
But yeah, the tools to make that a more desireable workflow just arent there. Yet.....

Heres hoping for MX9!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

But the child tracks CAN be hidden from the Mixer view - just uncheck them. They are still visable in Track view..
Mixer View.png
Mixer View.png (129.35 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

He wants the child tracks to be displayed to the left of the parent track in the mixer view.

Greg
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

Not exactly Greg... I want to position the buss track to the left of the master track. It’s just positioned wrongly for my own workflow preferences. From left to right I like to go single tracks, busses, then master track far right.

Dave
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

Actually Greg you’re spot on. My apologies. That’s exactly what I want. Doesn’t look like it can be done does it?

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Yellowcake wrote:Actually Greg you’re spot on. My apologies. That’s exactly what I want. Doesn’t look like it can be done does it?

Dave
HI,

That would be a feature request.

Greg
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

I don’t suppose your developers would consider it just because one bloke in the UK wants it would they?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

They might if they thought it would be a nifty feature, but obviously features that a lot of people request tend to get more attention.

Did you see my questions about how it would work? Did you see Mark's comments on those questions?

Greg
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

I’m with Mark on this. The arranger section can pretty much stay as it is - I just want the capability to move the mixer around in any configuration I want.

Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think that might be confusing for some people, but I suppose it could be a preference to "un-link" the position of the mixer tracks from the main view.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg