Hollywood Choirs Plugin Question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Hollywood Choirs Plugin Question

Post by UilleannB »

Hello. Has anyone bought Hollywood Choirs? I did, and the sound is fantastic. Can't wait to use it, but I am having an issue. While I can load and play the vowels and consonants by themselves from within Mixcraft, the Wordbuilder doesn't make a sound and seems not really to react to the keyboard if used from the plugin. If I start the Play 6 engine stand alone app however, I can use the wordbuilder too, so I figured there must be a conflict between Mixcraft and the plugin. I wonder if somebody bought this library and experienced a similar problem and maybe already found a solution for it?
chibear

Re: Hollywood Choirs Plugin Question

Post by chibear »

A few years ago EWQL broke the word builder on Symphonic Choirs for quite a few DAWs with one of their 'improvements'. This may be a similar issue. Suggest you file a support ticket with Acoustica.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
timesignature2018

Post by timesignature2018 »

I had the same problem. It only works when you are in record mode.
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

timesignature2018 wrote:I had the same problem. It only works when you are in record mode.
Great, thanks. A step further. Now we need to find out, whether this is a Mixcraft issue or a Play issue.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Is it a focus issue? If you select the plugin interface (rather than Mixcraft's main window), does that help? Is there some setting in Play that would affect this?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Hello. I tried it.
Acoustica Greg wrote:Is it a focus issue? If you select the plugin interface (rather than Mixcraft's main window), does that help?
No. It only makes a sound when recording.
Acoustica Greg wrote:Is there some setting in Play that would affect this?
That's what I don't know. If it produces sounds when recording, or used as a stand alone app, I would think it would be Mixcraft that has something it doesn't like.