Kontakt standalone rewired to MC8? (or other workaround)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lingyai

Kontakt standalone rewired to MC8? (or other workaround)

Post by lingyai »

Hi all. The VST version of my (legal) copy of Kontakt is 5.5.1, which is the last version before all kinds of problems etc started to set in with Kontakt, including the requirement to use the quite buggy Native Access app.

Long story short, I won't be upgrading that (and don't want to discuss that choice here; please accept that, for various reasons, it's a given).

I do, however, use Kontakt standalone version 5.5.2 (another long story). There is a library I want which requires v5.5.2. So I could use it standalone, but I'd like to integrate it into a MC project. Is there any way I can rewire my standalone Kontakt into MC8?
chibear

Re: Kontakt standalone rewired to MC8? (or other workaround)

Post by chibear »

Not at my DAW right now, but pretty sure I'm using 5.5.2 in Mixcraft 8 without incident. Like you, don't want to upgrade beyond that. Later I'll post the actual build. Can't answer the rewire question, though.

Edit: 5.5.1451
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Re: Kontakt standalone rewired to MC8? (or other workaround)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If standalone Kontakt is a Rewire application, it would show up when you clicked on the the Mix menu and selected Add Rewire Application. You'd have to match the bit depth of the two programs. In other words, if you're using 64-bit standalone Kontakt, you'd have to use 64-bit Mixcraft. Any audio produced by Kontakt would show up in a Rewire track within Mixcraft.

But as chibear points out, Kontakt should work fine with Mixcraft, so the other option would be to figure out what the deal is with that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101