Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mick

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by mick »

Prioritizing is a good word I like it so O.K. I'll keep moving stuff! :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

mick wrote:Prioritizing is a good word I like it so O.K. I'll keep moving stuff! :D
But seriously - having two monitors is sweet. :wink:

Plus, there are also keyboard shortcuts for those functions.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Sky3RN

Post by Sky3RN »

Has anyone suggested to add .OMF / .AAF files in Mixcraft here ? :mrgreen:
Rski

Post by Rski »

It would be nice to have a button on the control bar, to choose stop upon spot or click for automatic rewind when desired. I find when recording, automatic rewind makes my work flow easy, but when editing, stop on the spot is preferable. That feature is under options, at present, would be nice to select on the GUI
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Rski wrote:It would be nice to have a button on the control bar, to choose stop upon spot or click for automatic rewind when desired. I find when recording, automatic rewind makes my work flow easy, but when editing, stop on the spot is preferable. That feature is under options, at present, would be nice to select on the GUI
Yes, or perhaps inside the right click mouse menu.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

The Preferences setting also affects the shortcut key. If they could be separated then the transport button can behave one way and the shortcut key the other way making both functions available at the same time.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Yes, freely assignable shortcut keys please.

There should be an option to save automation data within FX presets (or chains), or at least the ability to combine data from multiple templates into the current active project, i.e clip template files, instead of a template being the basis of an entire project. If this is already possible and it passed me by please point me in the right direction. Thanks
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Vegas 15 is the newest DAW on the block. :shock:

Huh?

Yes Magix Vegas 15 is now being advertised as a Daw, specifically, in addition to video editing.

FEATURE FOR MIXCRAFT - Hotkey for FULL SCREEN VIDEO PLAYBACK.

What I liked about it right away is the full screen hotkey for video playback.

Of course observant readers will recognize Vegas as a long standing DAW from
it's Sonic Foundry days. Was it specifically advertised as a Daw, during its later, SONY period? I don't know.

But Magix Vegas DAW 15 is here now- with FULL SCREEN VIDEO PLAYBACK hotkey.

Please add this to Mixcraft.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

It's a matter of priorities. The developers felt at one point that creating a 64-bit version of Mixcraft was a higher priority than feature x, y, or z, for example. Now that we have 64-bit Mixcraft it's taken for granted, but it took a lot of laborious coding and testing to create 64-bit Mixcraft. That's how we chose to spend those man-hours.

We're a small company and we don't have armies of software developers working on different features, so we have to pick and choose.

Greg
Understandable. I haven't used much of the earlier versions, but don't doubt it has come a long way. And despite bigger companies with more developers, you've out-shone them all. Props. :)
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

(From Colin Jones)
The saving of MIDI controller assignments within presets (I think I noticed that myself when using external equipment a couple of years ago)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Delete that extra space forced on us at the end of a clip/track. At least make it optional.
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Not a thread to begin a general discussion I'm sure but to be clear:

As a Vegas Video 6 (Sonic Foundry) thru Vegas Pro 15 Suite (MAGIX) user: Vegas ain't no DAW i.e. software that reads VST's and happens to have some similar functionality does not a DAW make. Vegas (is arguably) the finest NLE video editor around as is Mixcraft the finest DAW around. I suppose Vegas COULD be used as a DAW if you want to complicate your life, put up with MAGIX's restrictions as to which VST's they allow and which they don't, and pay dearly for the privilege. And Vegas has one major drawback called "MAGIX Support".

(Come to think of it maybe these comments do belong on this thread).

I actually did post about this some time ago but decided to delete the post i.e. didn't think anybody would be interested so deleted it. While I think it's great that Mixcraft has video features and functionality I don't think it would be prudent and wise to detract from Mixcraft's purpose (by trying to up the ante on the video side of things to compete with the likes of Vegas) (that's my suggestion for this suggestions thread). If you want to create amazing audio and pro video then use Mixcraft for audio and Vegas for video. That's a winning combination (works for me anyway).

Regards,

Dale.
chibear

Post by chibear »

+1 to Dale's post. Time, money, and effort is more properly spent on filling the holes in Mixcraft's functionality as a DAW rather than trying to make it a 'Jack of all trades' piece of software. To edit videos use a video editor, then import it into Mixcraft for scoring. (I would even go as far as saying that I would not miss the editing features that are there now.) That's the way it works in Cubase, Digital Performer, Studio One, and to the best of my knowledge most if not all DAWs used by the pros.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I'll second that. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
chaxile

Post by chaxile »

Vst Auto organise By Vendors to be categorised
And must add a future auto Replece with VST 3 AND vst