Time For A New PC and New Mixcraft: Unable to Diagnose and New Problems Keep Popping Up

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

TheHound

Re: Time For A New PC and New Mixcraft: Unable to Diagnose and New Problems Keep Popping Up

Post by TheHound »

I'm certain now that it's my sound card.

I'm using a cheap berringer USB interface and everything playing back fine. No pops or stutters. I think my sound card has been having issues for quite a while.

The problem was so intermittent that it was a bear do diagnose. Now no matter what device is playing I am not getting sound in my headphone jack or computer speakers so I think the sound card gave up the ghost.

I appreciate you guys helping me. I'm up and mixing and hopefully I'll be tracking again soon.

A new computer is in the picture because this one is getting long in the tooth and I'd like more processing power. I just don't relish getting windows 10.

Again, thanks for all your help. :D
Acoustica Greg

Re: Time For A New PC and New Mixcraft: Unable to Diagnose and New Problems Keep Popping Up

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The one log file you sent in showed you were using Wave mode, which is not the preferred way to go. It would be instructive to see a log file from when you tried WaveRT or ASIO.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TheHound

Post by TheHound »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

The one log file you sent in showed you were using Wave mode, which is not the preferred way to go. It would be instructive to see a log file from when you tried WaveRT or ASIO.

Greg
Most of the time I've used Wave RT

Latency isn't a problem because I can hear the instrument through the Beringer U-Control along with the playback from Mixcraft. The instrument is a little weak but it works. So far so good.

The playback is better through the USB interface.

I'm pretty certain my sound card is bad. I'm using USB Audio CODEC. 44100 sample rate and 32 bit depth.