Multi-Velocity Drum Samples

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ktk9

Multi-Velocity Drum Samples

Post by ktk9 »

OK, I'm back - I'm going to buy the upgrade to 8 this week.

My questions is regarding Mutli-Velocity drum samples. How do you do this in Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio?

If I can get this thing going, I'll be making a ton of samples - they will all be real drums, and not overly processed.
I have 2 Sonor sets, a set that I built, 5 snares a various depths and materials, and over 20 Paiste cymbals ranging in size from a 16" thin crash up to a pair of 21" Sound Formula crashes.

So, can this be done in Mixcraft?

Thanks!

K2k9
starise

Re: Multi-Velocity Drum Samples

Post by starise »

I'm wondering the context of what you're doing? For instance most who are sampling sounds "multi sampled" using " multi velocity" as a library are doing that within the context of a midi controller which will play the sounds through a sample player at different velocities. These sample libraries are usually intended for sample players like KONTAKT or ENGINE because they have the capability to assign sounds to keys and midi channels.

The other main context is simply a beat machine that you drag samples into. Some of those also have velocity.Many don't.There seem to be two samplers in Mixcraft that fall into this category. The other two I mentioned would be separate purchases.
Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD,Win 10 64bit, Presonus Firetube Studio
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
CbB, Studio One, Mixcraft 8 Pro, Ableton Live 10
https://soundcloud.com/starise