Issue with Mixcraft 6

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dmarijanovic

Issue with Mixcraft 6

Post by dmarijanovic »

Hi,
Having an issue with Mixcraft 6.
I am trying to record and play back via a Presonus Audiobox USB but for some reason nothing is coming through.
I have the most recent presonus driver (Universal Controller) and when I plug the audiobox into my PC and plug my instrument in I can here the instrument in my headphones.
Nothing is coming through to Mixcraft though. I have a new windows 10 pc and have run it before but not encountered this issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks
dmarijanovic

Re: Issue with Mixcraft 6

Post by dmarijanovic »

Sorry just some more info:
I can playback through mixcraft if I don't try to run it through the audiobox and the inbuilt microphone in my laptop does pick up when a track is armed.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Try this to start Mixcraft:

Right-click on Mixcraft shortcut, choose Run as Administrator.

Also, make sure settings inside Mixcraft are correct. This video (first 3 min or so) should help:

https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/v7/h ... guide.html
TheHound

Post by TheHound »

Go to File > Preferences and set it for microphone USB then click OK. See if that works.

When you plug it in Mixcraft will say that it detected a new input device. When that happens, click OK/

I hope this helps.

Presonus has a forum that may offer some help.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences and try ASIO mode if you're not already using that. Click on the small arrow next to the Arm button on an audio track and look at the available recording devices. You should be arming the Presonus device on the left.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
dmarijanovic

Post by dmarijanovic »

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm still having no luck.
I had no issues using the Audiobox USB with mixcraft on my previous laptop which did run Windows 10.
I have the Universal Driver for the presonus Audiobox USB installed and when I plug it into my latptop and plug in an instrument I can hear the instrument and listen to PC sounds through the Audiobox.
Its once I open mixcraft 6 and try to playback and record that I have the issues.
I've gone through the preferences and tried the ASIO and WaveRT options and I can see the Audiobox as an option in the recording and playback options. When I arm a track I can also see the Audiobox option but still nothing.
dmarijanovic

Post by dmarijanovic »

So further reading indicates is may be an issue plugging in the unit into a USB 3.0 port. Issue is the surface pro only has USB 3.0