Any users of Audient id22?

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msnickybee

Any users of Audient id22?

Post by msnickybee »

Any Mixcraft users here of the Audient id22 interface? would appreciate feedback...thanks
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Rolling Estonian

Re: Any users of Audient id22?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I have an id14 and absolutely love it! The preamps are killer and the ability to expand via adat is a big bonus. Very happy with my decision.

M
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Rolling Estonian wrote:I have an id14 and absolutely love it! The preamps are killer and the ability to expand via adat is a big bonus. Very happy with my decision.

M
Thanks! Just bought an id14 from Amazon (arrives tomorrow)...and it seems to fix some of the problems of the older 22 eg bigger meters.
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

It's a great unit and I love the software too. Hopefully MC will implement scroll control soon or in MC8.

M
kapiko007

Post by kapiko007 »

All in all, the ID22 is a highly capable audio interface that delivers sublime audio quality and a fairly versatile feature set, and all at a competitive price. The monitor controller features can be viewed as useful extras: the unit lacks the full complement of features found on more expensive units, but includes most of the important facilities needed to monitor and mix music. Whilst ADAT expansion options also help to sweeten the deal, there are a few shortcomings, including the lack of hardware input metering and the single headphone amplifier. If these issues don't faze you, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the ID22.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Competitively priced? Not. PS hope you don't need MIDI.

I'm happy to concede these are good units, but for the price? We'll agree to disagree there.