Instachord

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dmonty

Instachord

Post by dmonty »

Has anyone had luck adding pluginboutique's Instachord. It shows up in my file but will not add to my vst list.
Thanks for your help!
Thomas

Re: Instachord

Post by Thomas »

I may not be understanding you correctly, but in case I am, InstaChord may show up as a VSTi, not a VST. If this is the case, try checking your instruments list.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
dmonty

Post by dmonty »

Hi Thomas, thanks for your input. It doesn't show up on either. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, I'm a newbie and it happens to be my first attempt at adding a third party plug-in.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I don't know if the product is auto or manual install, but you need to make sure it's in the correct folder on your PC. Mixcraft settings will show you where Mixcraft will be looking for those plugins. You can also add more folders to the list it need be. 32 bit and 64 bit plugins will typically be placed in their respective folders. Make sure it's in the correct folder first and then if Mixcraft is open, close it and re-open so that Mixcraft can scan the plugin. You can also rescan through settings but that usually takes longer.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you installed Instachord, it would have shown where it was going to put its VST files. You could even run the installer again and just get to that point to figure out which VST folder it is.

Once you know which VST folder the Instachord VST file is in, go into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences, click Edit VST/VSTi Folders, then add the VST folder that has the Instachord VST files.

A shortcut would be to drag the DLL file from the VST folder directly into Mixcraft. That automatically registers the VST folder in the list.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
dmonty

Post by dmonty »

Thanks for your help,
I did this Greg and Mixcraft still won't accept Instachord
Once you know which VST folder the Instachord VST file is in, go into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences, click Edit VST/VSTi Folders, then add the VST folder that has the Instachord VST files.

A shortcut would be to drag the DLL file from the VST folder directly into Mixcraft. That automatically registers the VST folder in the list.

I also got a fresh download of Instchord, unzipped the file, opened the installer and did both of the above without sucess.

Dave
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I tested this out when it was introduced but don't recall which installation method I used.

It installed a folder in program files named WAProductions. And the .dll file installed at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins.

It is accessible via:
Instachord.png
Instachord.png (105.4 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
And to open the GUI:
Instachord2.png
Instachord2.png (345.25 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
Its been a while, and I havent messed with it much since I installed it and explored it a bit. If I recall correctly routing the output wasnt working for me in Mixcraft and I moved on to other things.....

Hope that helps somehow?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dmonty

Post by dmonty »

Thomas, Mark and Greg,
Thanks for your help with Instachord. Because of you guys I kept at it and I did get it installed. Now I just have to figure out how to use it! One step at a time I guess. Looks like I need to connect my keyboard to have it function with sound. I'm just finding my way around Mixcraft 8 so I'm at the lower end of the learning curve anyway.
Thanks for your help and quick response - you saved me from throwing in the towel.
Best,
Dave
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Glad you got it working Dave. Remember to check out the Mixcraft University videos too. They are helpful in learning your way around the software.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
Melodion

Post by Melodion »

Selecting Instachord as VSTI, doesn't produce any sound. How can we rewire output of instachord to another instrument for chords especially?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Add Instachord to a track, then add a piano or something right below it on the same track.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101