Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Craig »

This has just occurred to me.
As I have always wanted to be able to rotate around and through the soundscapes I create and have spent a lot of money over the past several years trying to find ways of doing this without much ease of use or effectiveness in most cases, I have had to rely on automating the controls within processors to achieve the few successes that I have.
It occurs that if I could save the automations themselves as presets in Mixcraft it would be an amazing advancement to my ability to create what I do (part of which is also the enjoyment I get testing stuff and there is nothing better than comparing how a setup would sound when applied to part of a different bit of music, so it would enable this to be done easily).
So to clarify the idea, rather than just Mixcraft saving the settings of processors as individual presets (and collections in FX Preset Chains), it should be possible to save any automations created as a preset that would load all the automations recorded into the timeline, the same way that multiple midi tracks can be pasted into a project.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

A minor thing, but so easy to tweak: allow the user to change the default master volume.
vizionheiry

Re: Naming for Omni Sampler Out Mix Tracks

Post by vizionheiry »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
vizionheiry wrote:Naming for Omni Sampler Out Mix Tracks

When the pads on the Omni Sampler Out route to a mix track in the Mixer view, will you have the names of the pads travel with outs. So instead of Omni Out 1, 2, it would be Snare, Kick, etc.
Did you know you can just click on Omni Out 1 or 2 or whatever and change the name to anything you want?
Oh!?!? For some reason I didn't think to click on the name on the Mixer panel!

Thanks!!
shayneoneill

Post by shayneoneill »

The ability to specify what channel to use when setting up control surfaces w/ midi. I've got a maschine and I'm trying to set it up so I can control mixcraft AND use the pads for controlling drums/etc. I've got it set up so mackie control down ch1, midi note pads down ch2. The problem is, when the maschine midi is set to control, theres no way to say "Use ch1, ignore ch2", meaning that its impossible to use the pads AND control at the same time. The problem kind of seems insurmountable at the moment without some feature added to let one specify a channel instead of auto-assuming omni :(
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

When I click on Solo on a track, everything else should automatically mute, and if the track I selected was muted, should automatically unmute.

It would also be nice if I un-click it, that everything reverts back, but I can see why that might have drawbacks or be trickier to implement.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

When I click on Solo on a track, everything else should automatically mute, and if the track I selected was muted, should automatically unmute.
In addition, there should be an easy to apply method to solo more than 1 track at a time, no? Maybe hold down shift key while selecting or whatever smart idea someone comes up with.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

uh........no. :) Kind of defeats the point of "solo." For that you can simply mute/unmute whatever tracks.
shayneoneill

Post by shayneoneill »

Support for some of the old Avid/Digidesign control surfaces would be amazing. You can pick those up dirt cheap on ebay these days, but they dont do the mackie control thing (Could you imagine Avid even *acknowledging* a defacto standard they didnt invent lol) so off limits :(
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

shayneoneill wrote:Support for some of the old Avid/Digidesign control surfaces would be amazing. You can pick those up dirt cheap on ebay these days, but they dont do the mackie control thing (Could you imagine Avid even *acknowledging* a defacto standard they didnt invent lol) so off limits :(
Do they do the MIDI control surface thing? If so - you can use MIDI learn to map them. Most interfaces either support Mackie or MIDI control.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
troy

Post by troy »

Allow send tracks to be nested in submixes
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The ability when re-scanning plugins- to be able to select individual folders (or even an individual plugin). Now that I have accumulated lots of plugins :!: , it takes forever to re-scan through settings. This is also helpful for troubleshooting problematic plugins.

Also, expanded plugin management control. IE, the ability to select more than 1 plugin before right clicking to select the category. Great if I have umpteen plugins of a certain brand that I want to label as such.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I never scan for plugins, I just try to pay attention where I install them and then make sure that the VST folder is in the "Edit VST/VSTi Folders" list.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Yeah I never did get the "I need to categorize my VSTs" thing. All of mine are in one folder. Very easy to re-scan.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

mixyguy2 wrote:uh........no. :) Kind of defeats the point of "solo." For that you can simply mute/unmute whatever tracks.
Multi-solo is most definitely a thing my dude when mixing.

I mean technically it'd become "soli" but still - soloing multiple tracks is definitely a thing done fairly often, esp. in a track-heavy recording project.
troy wrote:Allow send tracks to be nested in submixes
seconded to high heaven
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Auto track colorization would be nice instead of having to add each track color manually.