Video Editor 32bits

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

banzailoco

Video Editor 32bits

Post by banzailoco »

For those having problems using Mixcraft 8 video editing on an old PC, win7 32 bits, there's a free software you can use to put together the video clip with the sound. Shotcut video editor, a free cross-platform program. The reason I'm using and outside editor, it's because when using big videos and audio files in Mixcraft 8, it start to lag. I don't know how Mixcraft uses the memory system, but it's not optimized for my PC. This is from my experience on win7 32 bits 4 GB Ram.

https://www.shotcut.org/
dpaterson

Re: Video Editor 32bits

Post by dpaterson »

Nice of you to post this.

I see that there is a 64-bit version too.

(Have not installed this nor tested it i.e. a bit worried that it may conflict with my video editing software).

Regards,

Dale.
shayneoneill

Post by shayneoneill »

It shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your third party video editing software which edition of Mixcraft you use.

However you wont be using Mixcraft 64 bit version on a 32 bit windows.

With all that said , theres no sensible reason to be using a 32 bit windows in 2018. The fact your limited to 4gb max makes it a bit of a non starter. I dont think they even make PCs anymore with that low ram. If 4GB is all you have however I'd include upgrading to 16 or 32 gig ram as well, then upgrade to windows 10. You won't be able to get a 64 bit windows 7 anymore, its not sold , its not updated, and except with special support agreements larger corporations sometimes make with microsoft its not supported. its historical software. And since windows 8 is a dumpster fire. Just skip on to windows 10.
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Hello.

Couldn't help myself and downloaded it and installed it yesterday. True enough it didn't cause an issue with my other video software. It looks good I must say. I found but one issue i.e. lip synch. was slightly out (on a video that I used for testing) which could be related to ASIO buffering (never bothered to try with Windows sound direct). But alas: I uninstalled it (I have Vegas Pro Suite 13 thru 15 so no point for me but was worth the look).

Regards,

Dale.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

:D
Hey Dale! Look over there!
Something shiny! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
aj113

Post by aj113 »

shayneoneill wrote:...With all that said , theres no sensible reason to be using a 32 bit windows in 2018....
Yes there is. If you have a multitude of 32-bit plugin instances in a project, the 64-bit version of Mixcraft will eventually grind to a halt because of the native 32-bit VST wrappers.

I use 32-bit MC almost exclusively for exactly this reason.