New Mixcraft update! Build 415

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

New Mixcraft update! Build 415

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

There's a new update for Mixcraft that fixes a variety of issues. Choose "Check For Updates" from the Help menu, then be sure to quit Mixcraft as the patch downloads in order to install it.

Melodyne version 4.2 has several crashing problems of its own, but it also exposed some issues in Mixcraft, so we decided to fix the ones relating to Melodyne, along with other unrelated issues (listed below). Celemony will also be releasing a new update at some point, in order to correct other crashes on their end and the sound previewing issue in v4.2.

11/29/18 Mixcraft 8.1 Build 415
Fixed Melodyne bugs related to the new Melodyne 4.2
Fixed bug #10112. Undo of lane was creating double the slots.
Fixed problem where sidechain controls can move offscreen when in 2 line mode.
Fixed rounding error when at a tempo that can cause rounding errors. fix for bug #10214
Fix for removing time...not cutting clips that are barely selected.
Fix for not being able to delete some markers sometimes
Fixed issue with error dialog - attempting to write to a nullptr errorlog during mix down. now we display an error dialog if any plugins or anything went wrong during mixdown.
Potential fix for VST3 plugins when changing sample rate or buffer size of audio device.
Fix for bug #10158 - crash when bouncing a frozen track.
Fix for bug 10105 - dragging effects to hidden tracks. We now no longer allow drops on hidden tracks.
Fix for bug 10199 - never ending loop looking for effect for audio control

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Re: New Mixcraft update! Build 415

Post by Ian Craig »

First bug. Send Track 3 is now called send track 2, so I've got 2 of them here ... though it was the first time I ever used the duplicate command on a send track ... yeah sorry, it wasn't a bug I just renamed the track. All is good 8) :lol:
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Polychrest

Post by Polychrest »

Thanks for this. It installed seamlessly—no problems so far.
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Actually.... Both my 32bit and 64bit of 8 Pro versions are constantly crashing now (not responding) after the latest update. Each time apparently a different reason.. Sometimes using different plug-ins or just simply rendering a track will cause it to fail. I spent three days trying to finish a song but finally gave up. I had no problems whatsoever before the latest update. Hopefully there will be a fix.. or at least a way to download the old version-- sorry :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Harry7139 wrote:Actually.... Both my 32bit and 64bit of 8 Pro versions are constantly crashing now (not responding) after the latest update. Each time apparently a different reason.. Sometimes using different plug-ins or just simply rendering a track will cause it to fail. I spent three days trying to finish a song but finally gave up. I had no problems whatsoever before the latest update. Hopefully there will be a fix.. or at least a way to download the old version-- sorry :)
Hi,

The next time you crash like that, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Thanks Greg! Actually I was fortunate to find I had saved the old installation file and was able to just do a complete new installation and all is well now. I'm thinking it had something to do with Melodyne because my older full version and plug in for Melodyne ( which I prefer to use as a stand alone) were no longer working properly either.

I'm just anxiously waiting to purchase the future MC 9 now.. I'm sure it will be amazing. I love Mixcraft!! :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, there are a couple of problems with Melodyne Essentials v4.2 and Celemony should be releasing an update soon.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We've got a build 416 that fixes a problem in which sidechaining plugins had the bottom of the GUI cut off. If you want to try it, it's here. Once we test it a bit, we'll release it.

Greg
laccas

Post by laccas »

I have a problem regarding to the installer. I can't isntall it, it shows a text message in the registration code field:

IDS_CTRL_EDIT_MISK_06

I can't type in the code, because this text always pops up. Can't replace it with the code either.

I've tried to run on two different computers. One laptop and one desktop PC. Both of them are running Windows 10.

I've installed it two months ago without this issue.
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Ummmnnn...

I think I'll wait for the official release!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

laccas wrote:I have a problem regarding to the installer. I can't isntall it, it shows a text message in the registration code field:

IDS_CTRL_EDIT_MISK_06

I can't type in the code, because this text always pops up. Can't replace it with the code either.

I've tried to run on two different computers. One laptop and one desktop PC. Both of them are running Windows 10.

Hi,

It sounds like this problem has been resolved and you have a new question. We will reply to your email.

Greg
laccas

Post by laccas »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
laccas wrote:I have a problem regarding to the installer. I can't isntall it, it shows a text message in the registration code field:

IDS_CTRL_EDIT_MISK_06

Hi,

It sounds like this problem has been resolved and you have a new question. We will reply to your email.

Greg
I haven't wrote email. I've only asked here, on the forum. The installer was downloaded from my Acoustica account, so it seems to me an official release.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

laccas wrote:I haven't wrote email. I've only asked here, on the forum. The installer was downloaded from my Acoustica account, so it seems to me an official release.
Hi,

Oh, I'm sorry, it may have been someone else with the same issue. I will email you at the email address you used for these forums.

Greg